Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Cameras Access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is there no access to any of the other cameras besides the reverse camera? Most other high end cars have access to the other cameras for parking at least. I've found front and back corner cameras handy to see how much room I have before a driveway. Wife's current car has a top view utilizing all the cameras which is also a neat.

Reactions: Peteski
I have since changed the angle of my side-mirrors to point to the rear tires when I put it in reverse. I haven't had a rim rash incident since doing that.

Funny that you should mention that. I just did the same last night!

After two months, I'm STILL trying to get used to using the camera and mirrors to back up. No damage yet...but a number of close calls:oops:
The MS is a much larger car than I'm used to and the driver side and rear visibility is awful. I wish they could have made the B pillar narrower. It's really tough trying to see around it when doing a merge:(

Reactions: vandacca
Funny that you should mention that. I just did the same last night!

After two months, I'm STILL trying to get used to using the camera and mirrors to back up. No damage yet...but a number of close calls:oops:
The MS is a much larger car than I'm used to and the driver side and rear visibility is awful. I wish they could have made the B pillar narrower. It's really tough trying to see around it when doing a merge:(
While they're at it, I wish they would make the A-Pillar narrower too. There is a right-turn I do daily with a tall fence blocking all visibility till I'm basically making the turn. As soon as I pass the fence, the A-Pillar seems to then obstruct my view.

I get really nervous driving my X around town and parking in public places. Im always afraid someone is going to be curious and touch it and scratch it or something. Lucky for me, here in Michigan I doubt more than 10% of the people even know what a Tesla is. It would be awesome so that if anyone ever approached the car, the cameras would snap photos.. like security cams. That would be sweet.

I get really nervous driving my X around town and parking in public places. Im always afraid someone is going to be curious and touch it and scratch it or something. Lucky for me, here in Michigan I doubt more than 10% of the people even know what a Tesla is. It would be awesome so that if anyone ever approached the car, the cameras would snap photos.. like security cams. That would be sweet.

+1 I tottaly agree, this could eve avoid a dash cam.

And, in a deep, authoritative voice coming from the car, "Step away from the car".