Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other MX'ers having issue with refrigerant leaks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my X for almost 2 weeks. Took it in to SC for unrelated issue and they found a refrigerant leak under the right rear quarter panel. They seemed to know exactly what it was and how to fix it. The comment I got was that it was a refrigerant leak from a rear condenser connection because the "factory was using the wrong o-rings" for awhile. That sounds very unlikely to me but I can't argue with the fact that it's leaking and am glad they have a plan of action to fix it.

I'm wondering if any other MX owners have had similar issues? Tech stuck his hand under the quarter panel and it came back covered in fluid. The SC had clearly seen this before based on his response but I haven't seen many posts on it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Haven't seen posts about it, but it's interesting that this confirms there is some sort of AC condenser back in the right rear corner. I assume you have a seven seater/six seater? That is the hardware (rear AC) that is missing from the five seater and makes it warmer in the back area.

Picked up our X this afternoon. Time will tell if it's fixed for good but so far the air is working good. One thing I did notice is that we still had a little residual oil around the right rear wheel well trim. I guess it's hard to get in there to clean it all up but I think it's going to be a little harder to tell if the leak comes back.