Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service is really good. I have nothing but praise for the service techs. They know their stuff and work very hard. I love my car and don’t regret buying it. I’d do it again. I already have.

Getting parts is occasionally an issue, but until this last incident I’ve never had to wait more than a week.

I couldn't agree with Doug more on this point. Montreal service has always been quick to get my car in and turned out quickly. The issue has only ever been parts.
I think I'm on month 5 waiting for a brake pedal assembly.

They picked up my car last week and gave me a 100D loaner. It was for the following items:
  1. 100K service
  2. Windshield replacement
  3. 12v battery replacement
  4. Two unexpected pricey repairs (thank God for the extended warranty!)
They waived the $100 charge for the pickup due to a previous bad experience I had with my HV battery (or should I call it experienceS). When they delivered back my car last Friday, the tray under the middle screen was off, and I noticed the clips were broken. They promised to send the mobile service (ranger) to my place to have a look this week. Apparently, they have the mobile service in Ottawa a few times a week.

So does Tesla consider that the Ottawa ranger to be a local call or does each Ottawa customer get billed for mileage for the ranger to drive in from Quebec?

Your service experience seems decent!
Do you think that's the norm? If they need to pick up your car? they will drop off a loaner?

News tidbits after my visit to Tesla Montreal today:
1. Apparently, LOTS of Model 3 orders coming from Ottawa. Tesla is considering opening a delivery hub there.
2. Permanent Ranger based in Ottawa coming this year.
3. Both Store and Service Center in Ottawa still “looking good” but “no decision yet.”
File these under Rumours but sales staff seemed quite confident.
Red Model 3 with 19” Sport Wheel is gorgeous. Lineup quite short - ~10 people at a time - but there was a 2-minute limit to sit in the car.

CFE86B82-078C-42DF-ACDA-09C906F6DF78.jpeg
Which one is the dog on the photo?
Actually, I use this avatar because I really like it. These are my two:

Reactions: MarcoRP
News tidbits after my visit to Tesla Montreal today:
1. Apparently, LOTS of Model 3 orders coming from Ottawa. Tesla is considering opening a delivery hub there.
2. Permanent Ranger based in Ottawa coming this year.
3. Both Store and Service Center in Ottawa still “looking good” but “no decision yet.”
File these under Rumours but sales staff seemed quite confident.
Red Model 3 with 19” Sport Wheel is gorgeous. Lineup quite short - ~10 people at a time - but there was a 2-minute limit to sit in the car.

Wow!!! That is a great rumour...Ottawa is a pretty decent size city- makes no sense not to have a presence here!

I'm picking up a 2014 Model S that has some $1300 wall connector option? Is this a premium connector? Don't all Tesla's come with a wall connector?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180501-143949_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20180501-143949_Drive.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 64
Source (can’t vouch for his reliability) told me Service Center coming to Ottawa next spring, in the Terry Fox area.

I'll be looking forward to that myself as well.

Currently, I've had a few very helpful visits from Patrick the local ranger. He services the area from Montreal to Kingston and up past Renfrew. Clearly drives a lot of kms, but he has a storage locker here in Ottawa for parts and does his own scheduling now. He's extremely helpful and responsive with questions, but I still hope they have an Ottawa location open soon.

It’s been hinted at, on and off, for rather more than five years.

Tesla seems to have come to the conclusion that the local market is not large enough. Probably an example of chicken-and-egg thinking - many people won’t buy if they can only get service in Montreal. It’s absurd that one of the largest urban areas in Canada has no service center.

At least we have a dedicated local tech now.