Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Overly Bright with the Glass Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious as to the source of the photo the OP posted. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Based that car being a very early prototype, I expect the production cars will be heavily tinted at the top of the windshield and rear window and in the center area, just like the top of the X windshield, which I found to be adequate during a test drive with the sun out and shining directly on me when I was I the driver's seat. However, it was not a hot day.

Curious as to the source of the photo the OP posted. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Based that car being a very early prototype, I expect the production cars will be heavily tinted at the top of the windshield and rear window and in the center area, just like the top of the X windshield, which I found to be adequate during a test drive with the sun out and shining directly on me when I was I the driver's seat. However, it was not a hot day.

From another thread on this site.

Model 3 Dimensions

Could you expand on it being adequate? Would you have preferred to have some opaque cover at the time? How was the glare?

Wow. Again I say wow. Lot's of speculation. Appears to be some references to Model X users having some problems. Every Model S user that posted on this thread said no problem that's much closer to useful information and not just speculation.
I purchased, with my Model S, shades for my pano roof from Tesla. It is May 3 and sunny in Nebraska and I thought I will need to get the shades out sometime soon for the first time today, first time this season. I put them in when it feels slightly hot and/or it seems brighter than I would like, leaving them in until fall when it seems like it is time to take them out. For me, this is not a problem, not too hot or too bright. I would think Tesla would do the same thing for Model 3 owners (I will be one of them) and they have been here before (at least twice).
Shades, ordered along with the car, fit perfectly, love 'em, use them during the bright months.
No problem at all (for me).

• Helpful
Reactions: Zoomit