TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Overnight (24hr) test drive Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Tygar, May 10, 2017.

1. Tygar

Tygar New Member

First post for long time lurker, prospective owner...

I went in to look at model X in St Leonards recently after a couple of visits to look at MS and a short test drive once.
    Had chatted to the staff previously and this time when I mentioned wanting a slightly longer test drive of a 75 I was offered an overnight test drive on the spot! - did not see that coming.
    I did mention the first time you take one on the short 15min drive you basically spend the time trying not to crash the car :)

So, my questions:
    How often are these offers made and under what circumstances? (do have MS configured and M3 reservation)
    If you did have overnight test drive, was it more for you to decide or really to help convince spouse? ;)

2. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

They seem to offer it Saturday into Monday, as they are closed Sunday.
    I didn't need one to know I was buying....

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

That's funny about the test drive being basically trying not to crash it, that describes my three (yes three) test drives.
    Like @ICUDoc I was basically a gonner after the first drive though. The second two drives were just to build up the courage to plonk down so much money on a car.

4. LimoX

LimoX Member

Get the bigger battery.

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Welcom @Tygar !
    This is pretty standard practice, drive carefully the insurance excess is steep.
    If you can afford a Tesla you won't regret it.
    I will tell you to buy the Model S but I'm biased.:)