Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Override charging schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I have failed to find the answer:

Is there an easy way to override a charging schedule without deleting it? I have charging set for when my off-peack discount kicks it. What happens if I get home later than that and plug in after the scheduled start? Am I correct it won't start until next time the scheduled time roles around? Is there a way I can tell it to go ahead and charge now but go back to the schedule tomorrow?

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I have failed to find the answer:

Is there an easy way to override a charging schedule without deleting it? I have charging set for when my off-peack discount kicks it. What happens if I get home later than that and plug in after the scheduled start? Am I correct it won't start until next time the scheduled time roles around? Is there a way I can tell it to go ahead and charge now but go back to the schedule tomorrow?
This is specifically addressed in the car's manual. If it's set for scheduled start time, like 10:00 PM, and you get home late, like 11:15 PM and plug in, the car is watching for I think 6 hours after the scheduled start time and will begin when you plug it in. If it's after that 6 hour "late" window, then it will wait until the next night's scheduled start time.

Wow, y'all. Those are things a person can do, but there's no need for it. The question was just if the person got home later than the exact starting time. And the car is already set up to handle this automatically and do what the OP wanted. There's nothing needed to do here. I've done this several times over the years, and it's already set up this way.