Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owned a Model Y LRAWD VIN 27xx and now a VIN62xxx--Night and Day.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's very interesting and makes me glad I've waited. Where does your old car go I wonder?

What happens to bought back cars? Curious.

Good question! I would hope they get written off and responsibly recycled. However, I suppose they could invest the time to try to resolve the remaining issues and then sell them into the used market. The former does seem wasteful, but I'd also not want to be buying one of those bought-back units down the road. Does anyone know for sure?

I keep a small spring loaded auto glass break tool that can also cut a seat belt in an emergency inside the center console of my MY. I start to feel a bit claustrophobic when I am in a vehicle with electronic door release buttons. I know there is an emergency release lever, I just like to have multiple options for exiting the vehicle or freeing someone trapped inside another vehicle.

Yeah, I've got at least one spare (resqme from amazon). I need to put that in my MY. I originally got one from some volunteering I was doing and decided all my cars should have one. Ever try it out. I did on my hand. The sucker did hurt.

I noticed a little bit of alignment. But then I also noticed since then problems with the camry and outback that I had never noticed. As long as they're not leaking water or something, they're not so bad. I do have a sticky door handle that I need to get fixed sometime 36xxx VIN

my 11xx MY is flawless - its white - has the white issues but ive seen new whites have the white issue. I think in general its a quality control issue and I do believe the quality has gotten better. Im going to trade this in anyway for the new batteries in a year or so - im very happy with the car.

Same thing for me. My 33xxx had some issues but Tesla fixed all of them. Love my Model Y: it has more than 5000 miles on the ODO and love the car. I do not think I will buy a car without Autopilot/FSD from now on.

my white PUP MY from March (VIN 3XXX) had all the gaps and issues fixed by the service center - couldn't be happier although i wish i could have the illuminated switches, taillights, etc.

but i done too much modding anyways haha - cf dash, console, rim protectors, XEPL PPF, XPEL tint, trunk kick sensor, custom seat covers, emblems, etc..........