Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner Advisor Referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
Anyone have someone they can refer me to that actually has interest in providing a good experience when purchasing a $175K car? Seems to be pretty hard to find when dealing with Tesla.

I had a great experience with a couple of the reps here in Montreal, Canada andI love my Model X if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them honestly as I would hope anyone on the forum as an owner of what I feel is the coolest and best car I have ever owned.

If you would like their info just shoot me a PM.

How hard to change owner advisor so that the new advisor gets credit for the sale?
From what I was told if you have an account then its tied to the sales person... IF you create a new account with a new email address then perhaps that would allow for a change but honestly not sure and I think that if you keep the current email address account that you have with Tesla then it will be stuck on your current advisor (the first person that helped you). If you need a referral code I'm happy to provide mine :) GL with the change of sales advisors... If it were me then I would create a new account on the Tesla website go to another Tesla store in my area (if there was one) if that wasn't an option I would probably call any other dealer and just talk to whoever and ask to schedule a test drive etc and they will get your info and then that will be your new rep.

From what I was told if you have an account then its tied to the sales person... IF you create a new account with a new email address then perhaps that would allow for a change but honestly not sure and I think that if you keep the current email address account that you have with Tesla then it will be stuck on your current advisor (the first person that helped you). If you need a referral code I'm happy to provide mine :) GL with the change of sales advisors... If it were me then I would create a new account on the Tesla website go to another Tesla store in my area (if there was one) if that wasn't an option I would probably call any other dealer and just talk to whoever and ask to schedule a test drive etc and they will get your info and then that will be your new rep.

I can confirm above. Create a new account with email address and new OA will get the credit.

Reactions: SteveB26
steveb26,

the point of my question is that buying this much of a car should have better customer service, we all worked hard to get to where we are and if I am not happy, why cant I change an OA to the one that finds me the right car without changing phone numbers and new email addresses. If the sales people are not commissioned based, then it shouldn't matter, right?

Reactions: Cowby
Says who? See Bonnie’s post above as she alluded to your question.
I was under the impression that Bonnie was saying just call and place the order with whoever the sales rep was and don't try to give the credit to someone else (perhaps I misinterpreted that) but from what I was told and I know a couple of Tesla reps is that once someone makes contact and is in their account as the rep that they are the one who gets the credit and a new rep cannot "steal" the sale.

steveb26,

the point of my question is that buying this much of a car should have better customer service, we all worked hard to get to where we are and if I am not happy, why cant I change an OA to the one that finds me the right car without changing phone numbers and new email addresses. If the sales people are not commissioned based, then it shouldn't matter, right?

I 100% agree and while I don't believe they are commission based I'm sure that they get something for having a certain number of sales per month or year same way if us current owners get referrals we get random prizes and if we can get to 55 we get a free roadster! But if I was unhappy then yes I would want to get a new OA and have what should be a great experience when purchasing a car of this value. Honestly though one of the reasons I want to and try to help people out and answer questions is because while my OA was very nice they really don't have the real world knowledge regarding how much mileage decreases in cold temperature and how all of the features work. Even when I took delivery of my car the person had no idea that on the Model X with the premium package when you walk away from the car you don't need to close the driver door, once you get a certain distance away from it it just closes itself. I wish I had a real owner to talk to before I bought my car even though it would not have changed my decision at all still would have been nice to know a bunch of stuff.

I was under the impression that Bonnie was saying just call and place the order with whoever the sales rep was and don't try to give the credit to someone else (perhaps I misinterpreted that) but from what I was told and I know a couple of Tesla reps is that once someone makes contact and is in their account as the rep that they are the one who gets the credit and a new rep cannot "steal" the sale.
To be clear, yes I was saying that (I misread). You can get a new OA assigned & credited by requesting they be on your account.

But if someone wants a specific OA after the fact, all you have to do is ask. It doesn't have to be personal. It's like changing hair stylists :). You have a right to change. Not a big deal.

If you are calling a different OA to place the sale, be very clear that you want your account assigned to them. You don't have to badmouth your former OA. Everyone's workload is so high that I can't imagine an OA would be upset at a customer moving to someone else. While they do have sales performance targets & rewards, they don't have the traditional commission structure per car sold.

Reviving an old thread, just so we're clear we can use whatever OA we want? Tesla assigned me a guy in Arizona who doesn't answer any of my emails. I went on vacation in hawaii and the OA there at the Tesla store seemed nice so I'd rather work with her.