Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, it's the kind of thing that will rattle faith in the car because it's not something tangible. You can't point to an item and say "that was broken and is now replaced, thus I can feel confident in the car's function." Early adopters are forgiving and perhaps extra literate in the way the car works and is updated, but that won't be the case once Tesla starts shipping to folks that "saw it in the mall" or "got a ride from my neighbor."
Good thing Tesla has about 14,000+ early adopters and a year backlog to get things worked out.

Good thing Tesla has about 14,000+ early adopters and a year backlog to get things worked out.
Indeed. Though software process/culture isn't exactly something you throw a switch and suddenly change. I wish it were, god knows I've heard enough lip service to such things at my companies over the years. If Tesla is currently in "get the changes out the door" mode where drive system bugs are escaping, it wouldn't be typical for that to suddenly flip mindset 12 months from now.

My hope is that drive system changes will reduce to near zero in 12 months simply because there isn't much left to fix/change, but that the center console updates (non-drive systems) will maintain a more typical approach to releases as apps are added/improved.

I appear to be on track for 26,000 miles per year on my Model S! Drove a solid 500 miles this first week of having the car...you'd hardly know it. My wife, to my great relief, was actually willing (maybe even eager?) to take the car off on her own a couple of times. Part of my scheme to get her to insist on buying a Model X in a couple of years.

I really don't think I'll get anywhere near 25k miles a year, I usually live in the 15-18k/yr range, but I don't think it would be too shocking to go over 20k in year 1 since we'll preferrentialy be using the S for the short trips to the store and other routine driving since we won't use gas.

My wife is talking about an X now :eek:
She has only driven my car twice now. She is a little worried (of other drivers?) that she'll hurt it.
I think she may have had the pwr up to 240 kW and then got scared ;>
She'll floor is soon. I have the pedal down way too often.

Today I made it to work w/ no 0-60 run for the first time!!
and gentle takeoffs. Just not as fun at 6:00 without any cars on the road!

I have been getting, "Is that a Maserati?" more times than I can count.

Just got that very comment about an hour ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Thought we needed a little left coast love, after all the Florida action. I present the 3 Amigos, after lunch in Calistoga, CA. All factory deliveries on, from left, 12/9, 11/28, 11/28.
3 Amigos.jpg

Otherwise known as a reverse Oreo cookie!

Last edited:
And you replied, this is a Tesla and it eats Maseratis for breakfast, right?

My wife toasted one Saturday. It was pleasant to participate. I was surfing the net while Maserati-boy was just trying to keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got that very comment about an hour ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Thought we needed a little left coast love, after all the Florida action. I present the 3 Amigos, after lunch in Calistoga, CA. All factory deliveries on, from right, 11/28, 11/28, 12/9.
View attachment 12696

THAT is a insanely insane picture. I ran out of adjectives so I altered one to an adverb.

Hey, I thought we were being considerate only taking 4 spots for our 3 Teslas. Can't be too careful!

(This is sort of on topic as a first impression)

I am very pleased with the door opening stops. That is, the door stops at precisely the right distance (on both sides) for both not nailing Edith (the 2cv) and my wife's Armada. Funny thing, Edith is parked sideways, so the door - if opened too far, rests right on the rubber bumper stop.