Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in the olden days when Tesla stock traded for less than $30 a share and you had to wait over a year to take delivery of a Model S (what was that, 6 months ago or so?), new owners often posted luscious photos to share their Tesla moments with those still waiting. After more than a year and a half, my ship finally came in (quite literally). Behold tropical Tesla eye candy:

Shousesiderear.jpg

Shoodreflect.jpg

A local detail shop applied Glare 5-year protection on the car yesterday

Sinterior.jpg

Interior is grey with lacewood trim

Stop.jpg

Sboatramp.jpg

There's no confusing the blue with the black when under a tropical sun

Cheers!
Papafox

Back in the olden days when Tesla stock traded for less than $30 a share and you had to wait over a year to take delivery of a Model S (what was that, 6 months ago or so?), new owners often posted luscious photos to share their Tesla moments with those still waiting. After more than a year and a half, my ship finally came in (quite literally). Behold tropical Tesla eye candy:

Cheers!
Papafox
Nice photos. thanks for sharing. Added to the album here and here, if OK with you.

Nice photos. thanks for sharing. Added to the album here and here, if OK with you.
Ok with me, medved. I'm in a very agreeable mood these days

Note to self: Must find way to live in Papafox's kinda locale but still get paid.
Brianman: The one problem in paradise was that I had to drive 70 miles round trip for work each day. With the arrival of my Model S, problem solved. I look forward to the drive now.

Last edited:

View attachment 23671

View attachment 23672
A local detail shop applied Glare 5-year protection on the car yesterday

View attachment 23673
Interior is grey with lacewood trim

View attachment 23674

View attachment 23675

Cheers!
Papafox

Beautiful pics..am definitely getting glare on my car...i'll have to find new places to take pics of my car now since you guys have taken some of the good spots! Lucky we live Hawaii though..no shortage of scenic spots :)

I've been seriously considering the Opti-Coat 2.0. Of course, time is one of the considerations. The time it takes to wash, clay, strip, polish, IPA and apply Opti-Coat is a little more than I have available at the moment. Since my MS is my daily driver, I can't really be down for the ideal amount of time required for Opti-Coat. However, the time I would save from having to regularly seal might be worth it :).
Why would you clay a new Tesla? I thought Tesla shipped by truck. Cars shipped by rail get embedded rail dust and do require clay. Clay is excellent for fallout, but I would not suspect a new Tesla would have experienced fallout.

Why would you clay a new Tesla? I thought Tesla shipped by truck. Cars shipped by rail get embedded rail dust and do require clay. Clay is excellent for fallout, but I would not suspect a new Tesla would have experienced fallout.

Well, I clayed mine a while back, and they clay was dirty. Not filthy, but dirty. And that was after a thorough wash. Didn't think that would be the case, but it was.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Got my solid white Model S with gray interior and piano black trim on May 29. So far I am loving every minute of driving this car. Absolutely beautiful car. It turns heads everywhere I go. I have had people walk up or roll windows down to ask about the car. It handles very well on curvy mountain roads. I love how linear the accelerator is throughout its range and makes for controlling speeds at low end so much easier than other cars I have owned. Regen brakes have been amazing. I can come down the mountains without having to touch brakes and regain most of the energy lost going up. I averaged 295 Wh/mi on a roundtrip of 112 miles into mountains going from 4900 feet of elevation to 9800 feet, and back.

Model S in Rocky Mountain National Park:

DSC00342.JPG

DSC00341_edited.JPG

DSC00337_edited.JPG

And the gray leather interior with piano black trim:
DSC00344_edited.JPG

Had our delivery on 6/8/2013 and have loved every minute!!! Have put 1,000 miles on it (with two days being in the shop being tinted/wrapped). We went with a stacked tint to get the darker smoky color to go with the black as Crystalline by itself would not have been as dark or smoky. 3M Color Stable CS-50 & Crystalline 50 on back and sides with Crystalline 70 on Pano and Windshield. Definitely cuts the heat down inside when sitting in the hot AZ sun. Front end wrapped in SunTek (had to replace the factory PPF as it had already started to peel after 3 days). *Also installed the Center Cap sticker that Roger (rogbmw) created... nice finishing touch!

Some pics after tinting/wrapping:

DSC_2407.jpg
DSC_2409.jpg
DSC_2411.jpg

Last edited: