Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not really a first impression as ive had the car for 4 months, but an impression anyway....

I saw the new star trek movie yesterday afternoon, and as i left the movie and was getting into my car, the handles slid out as i approached, and when i opened the door and slid behind the wheel, the screens lit up, my music started playing, and i checked the traffic on my route home. As i eased silently out of the parking spot, i had a thought, possibly inspired by the futuristic look and feel of the movie....

"Im living in the future, and its damn cool!"

After a week with the car, my first impression: The Model S makes you feel 16 all over again. Remember when you received your license for the first time and looked for any excuse to drive your first car? Transitioning from ICE to this electric is such an incremental change, you smile every time you get to drive the Model S. The experience is all good stuff... everything from driving by gas stations, manuevering in traffic, and best of all... giving test drives where you can see the point where doubters start to see the light.

Well here's a first impression I made this morning: a guy in a convertible Corvette (also metallic blue!) pulls up and motions for me to roll down my window. He asks: "Is that thing all electric??" When I told him yes he complimented the car and it's looks.

I was nice and didn't out accelerate him away from the light :)

Well here's a first impression I made this morning: a guy in a convertible Corvette (also metallic blue!) pulls up and motions for me to roll down my window. He asks: "Is that thing all electric??" When I told him yes he complimented the car and it's looks.

I was nice and didn't out accelerate him away from the light :)

You should have said "watch THISsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......................."

So, not really a first impression as ive had the car for 4 months, but an impression anyway....

I saw the new star trek movie yesterday afternoon, and as i left the movie and was getting into my car, the handles slid out as i approached, and when i opened the door and slid behind the wheel, the screens lit up, my music started playing, and i checked the traffic on my route home. As i eased silently out of the parking spot, i had a thought, possibly inspired by the futuristic look and feel of the movie....

"Im living in the future, and its damn cool!"

Took my son to see the movie (while shielding his ears from some age-inappropriate language ;)) last Saturday. As we got back from the theaters, we were at the lights and I had to move across three lanes of traffic within a quarter mile to get to the freeway on ramp. When the lights went green, I punched it and made it with ease. My son goes "dad, wheeee! We just hit warp speed" :D

After a week with the car, my first impression: The Model S makes you feel 16 all over again. Remember when you received your license for the first time and looked for any excuse to drive your first car? Transitioning from ICE to this electric is such an incremental change, you smile every time you get to drive the Model S..

i agree with the spirit of this post. but you may want to research the word "incremental"...

Because I know what it feels like to visit the forums daily while waiting for your delivery and not have any new updates, I'll add some comments even though I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already...

Took delivery of my 40 on Saturday at the new Bellevue Service Center. Its down a long (and somewhat sketchy, for Bellevue) alley-way and as soon as I saw my car waiting in the parking lot I was all smiles for the next 48 hours. Got a quick overview, signed the papers, and was on my way. I am absolutely thrilled with the car in every way, and it has been fun feeling like the "cool kid" for a while. I counted 37 riders in the first 24 hours between family, friends, neighbors (some who I've never talked to before this!), daughters' friends' birthday party attendees, church, and piano recital attendees. Showed it to probably 60 people if I include those who I didn't give a ride but came over and asked questions about it ("is it a Jag, a Maserati...? oh, its electric?! Honey, come look at the seats in back! There's a trunk in front?! Look at that screen!! The cars' lines are gorgeous!" then eventually "How much does it cost?"). The reactions of those who rode it in were even better!

At work on Monday (after 5 more test rides) I discovered another benefit: parked it near the main entrance of my building where lots of people walk in and opened and shut the trunk rapidly as they were walking past from my 3rd floor office window and watched their reactions as they looked around trying to figure out what was happening. Hilarious!

Just have a couple of phone photos to add for now. At the Service Center and one of my co-workers in the jump seats.

Another satisfied customer...
Konrad

40, black, black leather, tech, pano, sound, jump seats, 19", air-less
Sage in Trunk.jpeg

Tesla Delivery.JPG

Congrats!!! Looking forward to getting our Black MS on Sat and will look basically the same as yours... just hope we can survive the final wait. :cool:

Because I know what it feels like to visit the forums daily while waiting for your delivery and not have any new updates, I'll add some comments even though I don't have much to say that hasn't been said already...

Took delivery of my 40 on Saturday at the new Bellevue Service Center. Its down a long (and somewhat sketchy, for Bellevue) alley-way and as soon as I saw my car waiting in the parking lot I was all smiles for the next 48 hours. Got a quick overview, signed the papers, and was on my way. I am absolutely thrilled with the car in every way, and it has been fun feeling like the "cool kid" for a while. I counted 37 riders in the first 24 hours between family, friends, neighbors (some who I've never talked to before this!), daughters' friends' birthday party attendees, church, and piano recital attendees. Showed it to probably 60 people if I include those who I didn't give a ride but came over and asked questions about it ("is it a Jag, a Maserati...? oh, its electric?! Honey, come look at the seats in back! There's a trunk in front?! Look at that screen!! The cars' lines are gorgeous!" then eventually "How much does it cost?"). The reactions of those who rode it in were even better!

At work on Monday (after 5 more test rides) I discovered another benefit: parked it near the main entrance of my building where lots of people walk in and opened and shut the trunk rapidly as they were walking past from my 3rd floor office window and watched their reactions as they looked around trying to figure out what was happening. Hilarious!

Just have a couple of phone photos to add for now. At the Service Center and one of my co-workers in the jump seats.

Another satisfied customer...
Konrad

40, black, black leather, tech, pano, sound, jump seats, 19", air-lessView attachment 23187
View attachment 23185