Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

&^%$% Owner's Manual!

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
Have you tried all the usual Tesla recommendations? E.g. resetting both displays a couple of times? I've had this in the past and found it helped a couple of times
Yes, I have. It helps once. Then the next time I have to do it again. And with my MCU taking over five minutes to boot up these days, it's a bit onerous.

And the most irritating part of it is, I shouldn't have to do that at all.

Reactions: GreenT

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
Ah yes and we’re really expect them to produce a fully functional self driving car? Hell it can’t even self park!
Well, I should admit that software glitches on my other much less technically sophisticated cars are more serious even though they run a negligible fraction of code lines compared to Tesla. If anyone is close to a self driving car that's Tesla. Who said it will run without glitches? :rolleyes:

Ok I'm the first one to always say RTFM when people ask questions. However, you have had the car for 5 years WTF do you need in the manual still? I've damn near memorized the thing after the first like 6 months when i got the car ages ago.
If a brake pedal reboot doesn't fix your issue then try a factory reset, if it doesn't factory reset everything then you have a eMMC or main board issue. i had my mainboard take a crap on me after i had the eMMC fixed so i just did the MCU2 upgrade.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC