Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

&^%$% Owner's Manual!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pruitt

Pontificating the obvious
Jun 27, 2014
Casper WY
You would think, after five years of ownership, Tesla could make the owner's manual work properly!

For all that time, it has not displayed correctly except on very rare occasion. They say there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't work!!!!!!

You would think, after five years of ownership, Tesla could make the owner's manual work properly!

For all that time, it has not displayed correctly except on very rare occasion. They say there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't work!!!!!!
Another option is to go on the web & download a PDF copy. View on any other type display/phone/pad/etc.

Have you tried all the usual Tesla recommendations? E.g. resetting both displays a couple of times? I've had this in the past and found it helped a couple of times
Yes, I have. It helps once. Then the next time I have to do it again. And with my MCU taking over five minutes to boot up these days, it's a bit onerous.

And the most irritating part of it is, I shouldn't have to do that at all.

Reactions: GreenT
Yeah unfortunately software updates just make MCU1 too slow for certain tasks like this for a lot of people. I suspect MCU2 doesn’t have this issue. I will get MCU2 once the new service center in my town opens in a month or so.

Ah yes and we’re really expect them to produce a fully functional self driving car? Hell it can’t even self park!
Well, I should admit that software glitches on my other much less technically sophisticated cars are more serious even though they run a negligible fraction of code lines compared to Tesla. If anyone is close to a self driving car that's Tesla. Who said it will run without glitches? :rolleyes:

Ok I'm the first one to always say RTFM when people ask questions. However, you have had the car for 5 years WTF do you need in the manual still? I've damn near memorized the thing after the first like 6 months when i got the car ages ago.
If a brake pedal reboot doesn't fix your issue then try a factory reset, if it doesn't factory reset everything then you have a eMMC or main board issue. i had my mainboard take a crap on me after i had the eMMC fixed so i just did the MCU2 upgrade.