Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P+ Horrible 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I have a draggy also. I was disappointed too when I found out it's with a rollout. As it turns out most 0-60 times are with a rollout. I did not know this. Some people have squeezed more out with track mode on and 18in wheels. I haven't tried it yet.
I've tried with/without track mode and it wasn't conclusive for me.
My fastest accel times have been with 18" winter tyres on FWIW.
I've seen some unexplained differences in times between identical P3Ds at the same track and timed within a minute of each other and the only thing we could put it down to was battery temperature.
3.2-3.3secs to 60mph (no rollout) should be achievable with 90%+ charge.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
yes horrible for a car that's advertised as 3.2 0-60.

"Horrible" when you aren't testing in the same way or interpreting the way Tesla lists the time as it is meant to (1' rollout).

20 inch TS Falcon wheels with 265 rear tires aren't stock - how much do those weigh? Heavier rotational mass plus an extra passenger is going to impact your time some. Try testing yourself at 95% (or as close as you can to it) over multiple runs and then post screenshots of your times. Make sure that Dragy validates the times and you aren't on a slight incline as even a few degree's can affect your time.

Weather, surface, measuring accuracy, etc all factor in to this. Getting to that speed that quickly isn’t just a given. Even with awd you need decent temps and a good surface and if you’ve changed wheels/tires.... why is this surprising?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Car has 20" TS Falcon wheels with 265 rear tires.

That could certainly change things. That is a lot more tire (than stock) with more mass to rotate and could slow you down some on acceleration.
It sounds like your set-up may be more optimal for lateral G-forces instead of straight line acceleration times.

Do you have any possibility to mount the stock wheels & tires again and take readings with those?