Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P-ness envy

ozweepay

Jul 16, 2015
Boulder, CO, USA
Parked next to a P85D at the supercharger. I have an 85D.

I made the deliberate choice not to get the P85D because I figured it wasn't really worth $30,000 more to impress my friends a few times and then never use it again.

But I can't help this feeling of inferiority parked next to that P85D. If it were a P85, I would be ok, because my D kind of counterbalances his P. But when he has both... it's hard to take.

Maybe I should just rebadge my car. No one would know unless they're Tesla experts, right?

[Footnote for the credulous: :tongue:]

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

I made the deliberate choice not to get the P85D because I figured it wasn't really worth $30,000 more to impress my friends a few times and then never use it again.

But I can't help this feeling of inferiority parked next to that P85D. If it were a P85, I would be ok, because my D kind of counterbalances his P. But when he has both... it's hard to take.

Maybe I should just rebadge my car. No one would know unless they're Tesla experts, right?

At least they both look the same! :)

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013
To counter your woes: Think of all those {insert neat stuff here....or TSLA shares!} you can amass with that extra $30,000!

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Northern California
I've parked next to a P90D with my lowly standard 85 and felt no envy, and from what I hear the P90D I was born with is actually a 70d

Actually I felt proud to be a member of the EV community, everytime I see an expensive model s I think about how that customer was stolen away from merc/Maserati/Audi

sickfox

Jun 7, 2013
San Francisco
I have a P85 and feel proud that I belong to the EV community. of course, the extra head turns doesn't hurt as well.

i do have a little envy when I see a P90D parked next to me. But from my experience, the owners are more willing to share about their experience driving the Model S rather than boasting about their D.

I've parked next to a P90D with my lowly standard 85 and felt no envy, and from what I hear the P90D I was born with is actually a 70d

Actually I felt proud to be a member of the EV community, everytime I see an expensive model s I think about how that customer was stolen away from merc/Maserati/Audi

JenniferQ

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2015
San Diego, CA

That's me. Selling the Ferrari 'cause it's just so much LESS fun to drive than my Tesla. Any ICE car, even a really fancy one, after a while just becomes "another car." The Tesla is always an EXPERIENCE to drive. I just never know what might be in store when I get in and take off somewhere new. Surprises abound. And Teslas, at least around here, are much more incognito. Abundant Power and Stealth in one beautiful package is highly addictive.

JeffS

Oct 7, 2015
Wisconsin
I have a lowly 85 and would like to offer some advice if the OP will accept the thoughts of a poor man with a cheap Tesla?

There is always someone with a better car than me.
That is what I learned so far in life.
End of advice that I am qualified to share.

Plan B

May 8, 2015
Portland OR

Sell it while the D's are in hot demand and not many on the market.

Drucifer

Nov 30, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just look at all the AudiBMWMercedesLexusAcuraInfinitis out there and feel better. That's what I do. My town has a ton of 'em, especially the Audi and BMW.

Canuck

Nov 30, 2013
South Surrey, BC
My grandfather said to me when I was young "I cried when I had no shoes, until I met a man with no feet." I've never forgot it and it gave me great perspective on life.

I envy a man with a good family, not a good car. (That sounds odd because I have a good family but you know what I mean.)

I also envy the wit of the OP for the title of this thread. It sure gave me a laugh.

fancycar

Jun 6, 2015
San Diego, CA
We still have the best cars on the planet.
My lowly 85 still blows away all the dinosaur juice drinking showpieces at the valet (I feel embarrassed for their owners), so your 85D definitely does!
:cool:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC