Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P-ness envy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issue is a bit different. I feel that non-Tesla people expect my 85D to have P90DL acceleration as evidenced by various questions from family, my car detailer, and a neighbor... as well as the odd stoplight du gran prix challenge from much faster vehicles. As such I feel a bit ashamed to try and show off what the car can actually do, heh.

My issue is a bit different. I feel that non-Tesla people expect my 85D to have P90DL acceleration as evidenced by various questions from family, my car detailer, and a neighbor... as well as the odd stoplight du gran prix challenge from much faster vehicles. As such I feel a bit ashamed to try and show off what the car can actually do, heh.

well when ur warranty is up throw in a ludicrous fuse and see what happens, I'm sure by then you could find an sc that would be willing to do it ;)

That 85d is plenty fast, the whole gnarly torque ev thing is usually enough to get people excited.

I have wanted a tesla since I first test drove a roadster in 2010. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal so I didn't pre order the model S. I've toyed with the idea of ordering a model S on and off since 2012 and could never quite pull the trigger because the improvements seemed to be constant since it first rolled off the assembly line.

I just ordered a P90D on 11/16. Yes, this car is ever improving and I guess in a few years my car will seem positively antiquated. But, I decided if I keep waiting for the apex of car development I'd be stuck driving my 2009 escalade for the rest of my life. I ordered the car and will enjoy the car no matter what comes down the pike.

When i see see another tesla (and there's a three just here in my immediate neighborhood) I don't notice the badging, just the car. however I do hope they don't radically change the body style which is a big fear of mine since I just purchased it :D

Love, love, love the title and couldn't help but respond...rather than focusing on your P ness envy you might want to boast about how much LARGER your frunk is compared to us dual motor guys. My philosophy has always been drive what makes me smile and what I can afford and enjoy the moment. No one uses all of the performance of their car all of the time. And after lots of friends and family out in my car to show them what the car can do, I don't do many pedal to the medal sessions. All of the Tesla Model S variants are great cars, I am a performance nut so I had to get the P85D and I hope to upgrade to Ludicrous once the data confirms that the performance will be much better than 0.2 second for both the 0-60 and quarter mile times. (which makes no sense to me)

I never envied any other model of Tesla. And I have an 85 RWD. Why would I? Having a P-model is nothing special, anybody with enough cash or a willing bank can get one.

I skipped the dual motors, skipped the air suspension, skipped the next gen seats and chose not to buy the ultra hifi. And guess what I never missed any of it.

Even after driving a P85D loaner with all the toys for 5 days I was relieved to get into my RWD car so I could be free of the front motor noise.

A Tesla is an expensive car, no reason to pay for more than you need. Especially because that money could be spent on stock, savings, bond or vacations.

Yes, but that's the least of it. Try having no autopilot. My daughter told me her friend's dad asked about my car and autopilot and she told him that our car doesn't have it. He told her to tell me that I just need to download the update.... :rolleyes:

LD.JPG

Sorry folks nothing to add to this discussion, just subscribing to thread

Dab a bit of red on the calipers, even the experts won't know (short of peeking at your VIN).
The VIN indicates the model? I had no idea!

- - - Updated - - -

What if it turns out the owner of that P85D is a she?
Not sure I understand? It very well could be a she... although Tesla owners tend to be male, I'm sure there are plenty of female owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it have been worth $20K more?
You know, I am a single guy starting to date again after a long break... and I just had a young lady excitedly ask if we could "do insane mode, like I saw on youtube."

The look of defeat and inadequacy on my face was quite evident, I fear.

- - - Updated - - -

I also envy the wit of the OP for the title of this thread. It sure gave me a laugh.
That's why with have the up-vote button! (Not pandering or anything... but it's right down there on the
left /
...../
..../
.../
..v

You know, I am a single guy starting to date again after a long break... and I just had a young lady excitedly ask if we could "do insane mode, like I saw on youtube."

The look of defeat and inadequacy on my face was quite evident, I fear.

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Ah... that sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

[snicker]

TBH I would have floored it from a stop then lied depending on her reaction, heh. Very few people have the relative experience to determine a ~3 second run from a 4.2 second 0-60 sprint, purely by seat of the pants feel.

PS I believe the old adage "I should have bought the V8" applies here.

Last edited: