Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Owners - Feedback Please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good grief will someone post some power measurements?

tell me how. is there an app i should use? (serious question)

it seems to be almost impossible to get an accurate reading from a dyno, and i saw one video of the P100D actually snapping the drive belt of the dyno. i guess 900+ lb feet of torque at 0 RPM was outside of its engineering parameters.

Last edited:
I just had my P100D delivered a week ago, but snow/ice all over the roads has kept me from any launches or heavy accelerations. In fact, I feel like I haven't had any time to drive it!! The first night I had it, I dropped it off to have the Nokian snow tires installed. When that was done, I took it the next day to the detailing shop to have the paint prepped for the clear film wrap (I should mention the detail shop was surprised how poor the paint finish was for a brand new car - micro scratches, etc). They are still in the middle of wrapping, and when that is done, I will be taking it to another shop for window tinting. So, as much as I would like to drive it, and launch it, and actually enjoy it, I am just getting it ready right now. Hopefully, when the roads are cleared and dry, I can do a few launches. Are there some steps for that besides setting it to Ludicrous?

I just had my P100D delivered a week ago, but snow/ice all over the roads has kept me from any launches or heavy accelerations. In fact, I feel like I haven't had any time to drive it!! The first night I had it, I dropped it off to have the Nokian snow tires installed. When that was done, I took it the next day to the detailing shop to have the paint prepped for the clear film wrap (I should mention the detail shop was surprised how poor the paint finish was for a brand new car - micro scratches, etc). They are still in the middle of wrapping, and when that is done, I will be taking it to another shop for window tinting. So, as much as I would like to drive it, and launch it, and actually enjoy it, I am just getting it ready right now. Hopefully, when the roads are cleared and dry, I can do a few launches. Are there some steps for that besides setting it to Ludicrous?

For launch control, yes. For just hitting the gas at a stop light, no.

I haven't been able to try launch control yet. You need some time to play around with it and get the steps down, plus you can't just set it and wait for the light to turn as you only have a few seconds to launch after you turn launch control on.

[QUOTE I haven't been able to try launch control yet. You need some time to play around with it and get the steps down, plus you can't just set it and wait for the light to turn as you only have a few seconds to launch after you turn launch control on.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up my 100D w/Ludicrous. Can someone tell me how to engage launch control?

[QUOTE I haven't been able to try launch control yet. You need some time to play around with it and get the steps down, plus you can't just set it and wait for the light to turn as you only have a few seconds to launch after you turn launch control on.

Just picked up my 100D w/Ludicrous. Can someone tell me how to engage launch control?[/QUOTE]

I have only used launch control once or twice. Just do regular launches.

It's much easier then I thought.

1. Put car in drive and hold down brake.

2. Pump the accelerator pedal to floor and let it come back up. This engages launch mode.

3. Fully press down and hold down the accelerator pedal.

4. Let go of brake.