Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Upgrade pending or typo?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S P90D 129914 | Tesla Motors

Brand new P90D listed on TM website discounted $10k with 50 miles and no range upgrade listed on options. Don't mean to start this crazyness all over again but interesting.......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.05.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 10.05.50 PM.png
    794.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I think he's just pointing out the text at the bottom that says NO RANGE UPGRADE, if you recall when the 90 battery pack first came out it was listed as a "range upgrade" option over the 85 so he's theorizing that Tesla might offer a range upgrade for the 90 to the 100

Just like how newer S70 can be unlocked to S75. Really does bring up the question of where to set your 90% if you have a locked version that can be upgraded.

Good point! Your 90% could actually be at 96%.

Or not, if they cut at the low end. Which is more probable, as you have to be able to balance the pack once in a while and charge up to 100%.

Not sure I like this software option, car refuses to move, but actually would still have enough juice to get to the next SC.

"Now just pay 3000$ and we have you on the road again! Thank you!" :p

Hopefully Elon would announce it sometime this year, or during the pt. 2 of the Model 3 Reveal which is scheduled to happen sometime next year. Either way, it's something very interesting and exciting to look forward to in the near future!
Way to go Tesla!

I just took screen capture of two Tesla's from Tesla website. Both are under 'buy new' but each have 100km on them.

While I have no idea when both cars were manufactured, I noticed that 90D doesnt have 'no range upgrade' while 70D does have it.

If the 70D was produced recently enough that it has an upgrade option to 75D, then it may not be a typo or clarification but an implication that 90D will be upgradable to 100D.

I am not sure where I heard EM or JB say it, but one of them said recently that they have an announcement to make in a few weeks, and that was about a week or two ago..

upload_2016-5-31_22-36-8.png

upload_2016-5-31_22-36-34.png

The oddest part to me about the No Range Upgrade in the 90D mentioned by OP is that its a pre refresh model with a vin 129... It might just be a web dev mistake in that they aren't excluding that option in the 90's. Even this 85D has No Range Upgrade, Model S 85D 122217 | Tesla Motors
I think its just a bug

Interestingly some of the very new 90Ds are shown as "Range Upgrade".

Model S 90D 136532 | Tesla Motors

And a slightly earlier VIN is noted "No Range Upgrade"

Model S 90D 134934 | Tesla Motors