Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ owners.. how often do you mash the pedal at stoplights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on my 7th week with the P3D+...will give you an approximate breakdown of what is probably a common pattern:
  • Week 1 : Constant mashing on the go pedal resulting in constant smiling, laughing, acute nausea
  • Week 2 : Constant mashing on the go pedal resulting in constant smiling, laughing, acute nausea
  • Week 3 : Regular mashing on the go pedal resulting in regular smiling, laughing, slight nausea
  • Week 4 : Occasional mashing on the go pedal resulting in occasional smiling, laughing, slight nausea
  • Week 5 : Rare mashing on the go pedal resulting in rare smiling, laughing, no nausea
  • Week 6 : Switch to driving in Chill Mode, no mashing of the go pedal, smiling and laughing knowing I'm one tap away from nausea
  • Week 7 : Continue driving in Chill Mode, no mashing of the go pedal, smiling and laughing knowing I'm one tap away from nausea

Another Masshole checking in.....after reading this, I figure...if I can afford my Tesla, I can afford a lawyer who could talk me out of these nebulous laws.

But, just in case, I've decided to stick with my Veteran plate instead of an EV plate. I am 1,000,000 times more likely to have that in common with a member of the local or state constabulary than having an EV.

"In Massachusetts, “reckless operation” and “negligent operation” are two separate offenses, with slightly different penalties. But the difference between the offenses is often fuzzy. With both crimes, there must be proof that the person’s driving endangered others. The distinction lies in the mental state of the motorist. To be convicted of reckless operation, the prosecution needs to prove that the driver appreciated but disregarded the risk of the conduct. Negligent operation, on the other hand, doesn’t require a showing that the motorist actually realized the hazards posed by his or her driving"
(Mass. Gen. Laws Ann. ch. 90, § 24(2)(a) (2018).)

If I have pole position at a red light the only time I floor it is when I'm not daydreaming about something else. Of course, when I'm at pole position at a red light in my Model 3, you can bet I'm not daydreaming about something else!

In other words, every time I have the opportunity! This puts me at the speed limit of 55 mph before the car in the lane next to me has crossed the intersection. Tesla doesn't have traditional advertising, it's up to conscientious owners like me to be a good brand ambassador. :D

I don't bother mashing until someone tries to exhibit some unprovoked acceleration. Then it's time to put them in their place. It's especially gratifying when you're next to another TM3 but they don't realize that you've got a stealth P3D. Then they're left wondering if a recent software update made their cars slower.

Reactions: NoirMS
I don't bother mashing until someone tries to exhibit some unprovoked acceleration. Then it's time to put them in their place. It's especially gratifying when you're next to another TM3 but they don't realize that you've got a stealth P3D. Then they're left wondering if a recent software update made their cars slower.

Funny you should mention that. I found a Corvette on my way home tonight.

Om nom nom :D:D:D
IMG_20190619_212944.jpg

If I have pole position at a red light the only time I floor it is when I'm not daydreaming about something else. Of course, when I'm at pole position at a red light in my Model 3, you can bet I'm not daydreaming about something else!

In other words, every time I have the opportunity! This puts me at the speed limit of 55 mph before the car in the lane next to me has crossed the intersection.
What do you mean 'pole position?

Tesla doesn't have traditional advertising, it's up to conscientious owners like me to be a good brand ambassador. :D

I think about this all the time! I'm doing my part and do a lil advertising by showing how quick Tesla's are (safely lol)

If you bought the Performance model, and don’t want to perform... then why shell out the extra 10k?

I definitely punch it more than I should, but I’m coming off of a 5.7L V8 with straight pipes and bolt ons. This thing puts a smile on my face knowing it would crush my old GTO with nothing more than a whisper..

Agreed. I just wanted to see if I wasn't the only one lol.

Living in the midwest, Its rare to see Tesla's. I'm curious of those who live in bigger states if they see other owners flooring their Teslas at the stoplight.