Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Spoiler/DM badge Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on Sept. 29 and called the service center on a whim last week, which resulted in a service date of Oct. 24 to install my spoiler and badge. I'm in northern, VA and my SC is at Tyco Rd. I'm now curious to know if I'm going in for nothing...
I just got mine out of service here in KC and they had no idea when to expect them.

So yeah, I went into the service center after work today to confirm the service appointment and the rep basically said the call center people have no clue. Service appointment to install spoiler has since been cancelled and he told me to expect to hear from them in Q1.

On a brighter note, the powder coat I had done to my rims was finished today. Now to finish my DIY chrome delete and get that tint done...

20181018_190145240_iOS.jpg

So yeah, I went into the service center after work today to confirm the service appointment and the rep basically said the call center people have no clue. Service appointment to install spoiler has since been cancelled and he told me to expect to hear from them in Q1.

On a brighter note, the powder coat I had done to my rims was finished today. Now to finish my DIY chrome delete and get that tint done...

View attachment 345062
I need to do all of that as well. What did the powder coating cost?

@gunpwdr nice chrome delete. How long did it take you? Was it difficult?

Difficulty, for me, was not hard for the pieces of trim I did (all but the mirror). I would equate the difficulty to applying a stretchier screen protector on a smartphone. You're avoiding dust and air bubbles but you have the fault tolerance of being able to unpeel and re-apply. Thankfully, the vinyl is inexpensive enough that I messed up on some pretty long strips and simply trashed it and started over.

In terms of time, less than two hours per side, not counting re-work. I did the driver's side without re-work and lots of fingernail use, which led to pain and bleeding. For the passenger side, I used less of my nails and more of the tools and that's why I ended up with re-work. The vinyl cuts away very easily when pressed against a hard edge (the door trim) and your finger nails.

I'm going to let a shop do the mirrors when I have them do my tint.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 345062
The DIY chrome delete job looks really sharp. Where did you order the materials? I assume most of this done by watching videos on YouTube?