Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Street/Track/Time Trial Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bushings installed, control arms back in the car!

IMG_20200514_121758.jpg
IMG_20200514_122958.jpg

How are you finding the new control arm bushes?

I haven't had a chance to drive on them yet, will report back when I do!

Mounted up a set of Hankook R-S4's - going to give these a shot and see how they compare.

Also installed a set of Carbotech RP2's from Martian Wheels on the rear axle of a different 3, hmm, more info to come there!

IMG_20200515_070648.jpg
IMG_20200516_102802.jpg
IMG_20200516_102831.jpg

I haven't had a chance to drive on them yet, will report back when I do!

Mounted up a set of Hankook R-S4's - going to give these a shot and see how they compare.

Also installed a set of Carbotech RP2's from Martian Wheels on the rear axle of a different 3, hmm, more info to come there!

View attachment 542168 View attachment 542169View attachment 542171

Thoughts on the 275 tire width? I am running a 18x9.5 , ET34 wheel and my shop doesnt think I can fit a 275 wide tire up front without rubbing

Thoughts on the 275 tire width? I am running a 18x9.5 , ET34 wheel and my shop doesnt think I can fit a 275 wide tire up front without rubbing

It will fit, you'll need 3mm or 5mm spacers though. I would recommend 3mm up front and 5mm in the rear.

3mm: 3mm (1/8") Hubcentric Race Wheel Spacers 5x4.5 & 5x4.75 for Ford Chevy Pontiac | eBay
5mm: 5mm (3/16") Hubcentric Race Wheel Spacers 5x4.5 & 5x4.75 for Ford Chevy Pontiac | eBay

I have the equivalent of a 5mm spacer up front.

IMG_20200516_170237.jpg

Last edited:
Your pics are awesome!

Thank you!

I know it's been said before but #noshimparty

Please report back your findings

Will do, excited to get back on-track. 3 months is too long!

Interested to hear what you think about the RS4s. What were you running previously?

The first set I ran were Nexen N Fera SUR4G, which were OK tires, then I ran the Federal 595RS-PRO's which I actually quite like, so it will be interesting to see how much better the Hankook's are. I expect they will be faster and wear better, but I guess we will find out.

That's really close. Are you driving with that camber all the time?

I am! Haven't noticed any real impact on range, so why not!

Reactions: destructure00
I'm much more concerned about uneven tire wear. I don't drive every street turn with 1G lateral acceleration to compensate for that high camber. And I use highways. In my case I have 100Y 275 tires and that makes potential problem even worse.

I wouldn't worry too much about the wear unless your toe is out of wack. Toe will kill tires much quicker than a few degrees of camber will.

Reactions: Clivew
I'm planning on doing the same as MasterC17 and leaving running the same camber/toe settings for track and street. It may mean I compromise on the amount of camber I run but until I get the suspension fitted and do some measurements on track I won't know what I can get away with.

Reactions: Mash
My next event at VIR is coming up this weekend. As VIR will not be fixing their Chademo, and I don't want to miss track time I've paid for, I have come up with a brilliant solution.

The obvious answer is to run two Model 3's. My wife has generously sacrificed her Model 3 to the cause, and MPP has helped me source what I need to make it track-ready-but-not-over-the-top. Here are the setups in both cars. It will be very interesting to compare the two of them. I'll be swapping them out each session so the other can charge up on the NEMA 14-50's.

Black P3D+:

Suspension
MCS Model 3 Coilovers AWD/Performance
MPP Model 3 Rear Toe Arms
SPL Model 3 Rear Camber Arms
SPL Rear Trailing Arms
MPP Front Upper Control Arms
MPP Front Lower Control Arm Bushings
MPP Model 3 Cyber Rear Traction Arms
Unplugged Front Adjustable Sway Bar
Unplugged Rear Adjustable Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Adjustable Sway Bar End Links