Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ w/ 5% increase: 1/8 Mile Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don’t think racing from a stop line is going to net you a ticket? And where it “counts”?! Seriously?

No one races a Tesla at a light. ESPECIALLY a P model. There’s no point to get embarased. Even ZL1 don’t rev on me.

When I mean where it counts, this is how it “counts”

Red light, I’m in far left lane.

Freeway entry is 4 lanes over to the right and is a 1/4 mile away.

When light is green, I’m 4 lanes over before any other car even begins to move.

Get it?

Also, yellow lights are also green lights for most intent and purposes. ;)

Last edited:
No one races a Tesla at a light. ESPECIALLY a P model. There’s no point to get embarased. Even ZL1 don’t rev on me.

Get it?

Kind of disappointing really...I've had my car for 6+ months and have put quite a few miles on it in that time, and I have yet to have a chance to embarrass a "fast" car at a stoplight. ;) I don't even have badges on mine indicating it is a P. It IS really easy to accidentally get well above the speed limit very quickly, so great attention must be paid even when doing what @MXWing here suggests (which I do regularly as well).

Kind of disappointing really...I've had my car for 6+ months and have put quite a few miles on it in that time, and I have yet to have a chance to embarrass a "fast" car at a stoplight. ;) I don't even have badges on mine indicating it is a P. It IS really easy to accidentally get well above the speed limit very quickly, so great attention must be paid even when doing what @MXWing here suggests (which I do regularly as well).

i've had my car since september and i've only race 2 people.. one in an SRT charger and a GSXR1000. Dude on the bike was shocked lol.

Nobody ever wants a piece. Though I don't really cruise the areas at night where you might land a race.
You don’t think racing from a stop line is going to net you a ticket? And where it “counts”?! Seriously?
Of course it might. The thing is that for other "fast cars" to win you are getting into the triple digit MPH territory which is far more dangerous and far more likely to land you arse in jail.

Aside from that, there are only a handful of stock cars out there that are faster in the 1/4 than a P3D, and even fewer than a P100D. Add in modified cars and you have more but still not that many,

The beautiful thing about the Tesla though is that it would be hard to prove you were racing as long as you didn't stray above the speed limit. No roaring engine. No squealing tires. "No officer, I was not racing that Mustang that was beside me, I was only at half throttle...and I know for a fact I only got up to 45 mph in this 45 mph zone, would you like to see my TeslaCam footage?"
The ICE is going to be the one pulled over 9 times out of 10. Cop hears a loud engine, sees two cars, he is going to grab the guy making the noise.

Get it?

"Intents and purposes"

Only a Porsche GT4 for me. It didn't go well for him and that was starting at ~40mph :)

• Love
Reactions: MXWing

What I find happening most of the time is you usually come from behind and witness some *sugar* M3 driver, C63 AMG (C for cheap class), Audi S5 or whatever that has been weaving in and out of traffic without using their turn signals.

They drive like Camrys and Accords once you pull alongside.

What I find happening most of the time is you usually come from behind and witness some *sugar* M3 driver, C63 AMG (C for cheap class), Audi S5 or whatever that has been weaving in and out of traffic without using their turn signals.

They drive like Camrys and Accords once you pull alongside.
People who do that drive me nuts. Driving fast and even "racing" aren't exactly safe/responsible things to do but weaving in an out of traffic is extremely dangerous.

Get it?

It only happened to me once that a WRX STI rev beside me.

Reactions: Richt and MXWing
Not a "race" and I don't think I was even at full throttle, and I definitely got back off of it just barely over the 45mph (50ish) speed limit, but on my way home today I punched it pretty good at a stop light and then had a guy pull next to me in a minivan at the next one and ask me how much power my car had because I left him and the lady beside me at the stop light with their mouths hanging open. Super quick cars are super fun... :D:)

Reactions: Richt
It only happened to me once that a WRX STI rev beside me.

I like scoobies and they were one of the premier compact sport sedans of the late 90s and turn of the century.

With that said, a WRX reviving on a Tesla is fsckin stupid.

It’s the opposite of instant torque. With the turbo lag and shifting lag you can give it a head start, spank it, let it catch you and beat it again.

I’d feel really dumb driving a WRX and running into a Tesla. I’d limp off the line like an Outback or Legacy and hope for mercy.

Reactions: Richt

Get it?

That's why I love my P3D-

no one knows......until it's too late.

Nobody ever wants a piece. Though I don't really cruise the areas at night where you might land a race.

Of course it might. The thing is that for other "fast cars" to win you are getting into the triple digit MPH territory which is far more dangerous and far more likely to land you arse in jail.

Aside from that, there are only a handful of stock cars out there that are faster in the 1/4 than a P3D, and even fewer than a P100D. Add in modified cars and you have more but still not that many,

The ICE is going to be the one pulled over 9 times out of 10. Cop hears a loud engine, sees two cars, he is going to grab the guy making the noise.

Plus with regen, you don't get that front-end "dip" they look for when you brake hard to avoid being caught speeding.

I've had a few instances when I've come over a rise doing 80 in a 65 (common outside Boston), and let off enough to let regen get me down to < 75mph...aka, not worth the revenue, I mean...safety. At least once, I've done that in the middle lane, and the guy passing me in the left got pulled over, even though we were doing roughly the same speed.

Reactions: Nocturnal
from stopl ight to stop light P tesla beats 99.9% of the cars on the road :cool:
however as has been brought up in numerous threads
there are many cars faster running the streets from speeds above 50.....
not a big deal for most

Last edited:
from stopl ight to stop light P tesla beats 99.9% of the cars on the road :cool:
however as has been brought up in numerous threads
there are many cars faster running the streets from speeds above 50.....
not a big deal for most

50? Many? I think that's overstating it, given they have transmissions that will need to waste time downshifting.... passing times up to at least 70 are crazy fast on Teslas.

For some perspective, here's the times from a run on an AWD (non P) Model 3

30-50 1.5 seconds

50-70 2.06 seconds

30-70 3.56 seconds

How does that compare to cars that definitely are less common than "many"?

2015 Nissan GT-R Test – Review – Car and Driver
That's the 2015 GT-R (545 hp, 463 torque)...0-60 is 3 flat. Quicker than even the Model 3 Performance.

30-50? 3.8 seconds. Slower than the AWD Model 3 goes 30-70.

50-70 in the GTR? 3.1 seconds...~50% slower than the Model 3 AWD.

Well damn... ok... how bout even quicker cars?

2020 Audi R8 Reviews | Audi R8 Price, Photos, and Specs | Car and Driver

Review of an Audi R8 with a number of other quick cars listed with 0-60 and 50-70 times. Remember the AWD Model 3 is 2.06 50-70.

Porsche 911 Turbo S. 0-60 in 2.7. The 50-70? 2.5.
McLaren 570S. 0-60 in 2.7. 50-70 in...2.7

(the R8 V10 FWIW is 3.2 0-60, and 2.4 50-70)

Ok. What else we got?

https://hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/f...rmance-data-and-complete-specs-1532365631.pdf

That's a $143,810 ZR-1 corvette vs a $348,730 Porsche 911 GT2 RS.

Vette 30-50? 1.9 seconds. 50-70? 2.3 Both slower than the AWD Model 3.

GT2 30-50? 2 flat. Still half a second slower than the M3 AWD.

Finally at 50-70 the Tesla, at 2.06, loses... to the 350k porsche which does it in...2.0

And the Model 3 P?

30-50 on a Model 3 P is 1.2, and 50-70 is 1.7

And BTW- all the Model 3 numbers are from mid-late last year- before the power bump they just pushed out... and since most of the power is allegedly around 45mph and higher, I expect things look even worse for "most" cars at passing speeds like 50-70.