Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any had their delivery window change just with the addition of EAP to their order. My delivery window for my White P3D+ /Black seats changed from Sept-Nov to Oct - Dec. because I added EAP which is just a software... :mad:
Ouch... I'm considering adding FSD as well... but after reading about a lot of experiences like yours. I'm waiting until I have a VIN and delivery date before adding it to the contract.

You have a Plan B, correct? :)

I hope you have another car :) I'll be keeping my BMW until all post-delivery issues (if any) have been straightened out, PPF, ceramic coating, and tint have been applied, and interior have been re-upholstered.

I have a g35x winter beater that’s my plan B. It has winter tires on it...so I have to dig out the summer set from the shed.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
seeing a P+ black interior switch to white a few days ago and then get a delivery date of 8/31 is making me think more and more about white interior...
This is exactly why I think we are so close!! If they are taking walk ins with white interior, this leads me to believe all the P3D+ White interior reservations are filled and we better be next! Don’t jump off the cliff just yet...

Reactions: evpulse
seeing a P+ black interior switch to white a few days ago and then get a delivery date of 8/31 is making me think more and more about white interior...

I’ve been contemplating switching to white. Hesitant because I have two girls and a dog....hearing stories like above...getting it sooner would push me over the edge to change to white. But speaking with Tesla rep and my contact at manhasset showroom....changing the order would delay my delivery.

I’ve been contemplating switching to white. Hesitant because I have two girls and a dog....hearing stories like above...getting it sooner would push me over the edge to change to white. But speaking with Tesla rep and my contact at manhasset showroom....changing the order would delay my delivery.

I dont think so man, I changed to white interior on Friday night and got my delivery date today.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I dont think so man, I changed to white interior on Friday night and got my delivery date today.

Did you confirm you still get unlimited supercharging (if initially ordered prior to 8/1) and lifetime connectivity (if you initially ordered prior to 7/1)?

Things like the little hub lip (wheel incompatibility without spacers) are making me take a tiny peek over at the other side of the fence again. (Non-performance upgrade w/Black)

Did you confirm you still get unlimited supercharging (if initially ordered prior to 8/1) and lifetime connectivity (if you initially ordered prior to 7/1)?

Things like the little hub lip (wheel incompatibility without spacers) are making me take a tiny peek over at the other side of the fence again. (Non-performance upgrade w/Black)

Yea they told me all of that is based off my original date and that the only changes would be if I choose new items I get the most up to date price for those items. I also emailed myself my original order and uploaded it to google drive just in case for a time stamped reference. I even used the edit hack for my changes as my edit button has been gone for weeks and tesla was taking too long with their manual email method edits. I should've asked for my vin though....damn it lol

Don’t jump off the cliff just yet...

After obsessing over SD_Engnr's DBM with white interior I'm starting to lose it...looks so nice...my MS has black interior, so maybe I need something different in the M3.

20180807_120614-jpg.323846

@Powered By Jay,

Wait...maybe I missed it, but what is the “wheel incompatibility without spacers” and ‘hub lip’?

Ski

I’m not really serious about dropping the performance upgrade package just for this, but it is an annoyance.

P3D+ misc info and pics- wheel weight, calipers, suspension

See posts #23 & 51 in that thread.
There is a portion of the hub that sticks out past the performance upgrade package rotor hat. It appears the OEM 20” wheels have a stepped bore to accommodate this. Unsure if the sport 19” wheels have this same step. My plan was to get a set of those. Would suck if even those would need spacers.

I’m not really serious about dropping the performance upgrade package just for this, but it is an annoyance.

P3D+ misc info and pics- wheel weight, calipers, suspension

See posts #23 & 51 in that thread.
There is a portion of the hub that sticks out past the performance upgrade package rotor hat. It appears the OEM 20” wheels have a stepped bore to accommodate this. Unsure if the sport 19” wheels have this same step. My plan was to get a set of those. Would suck if even those would need spacers.

@Powered By Jay,

That’s not good. Why would they design a lip like that and have to bore out the inner rim to accommodate it? My plan was to buy the 19’s as well for the winter package. Surely those will fit on the P3D+ hub? (Without spacers I hope). But I was thinking some aftermarket 20’s possibly as well and now that it looks like we have to run 5mm spacers....what a drag. Agree we need a photo of the backside of some 19’s!

Ski