Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the randomness of the VIN assignments and/or delivery notifications driving anyone else with an early reservation/order kind of crazy? I mean congrats to all who get info regarding delivery, but when I hear of an earlier reservation and/or order getting delivery I'm all like 'hell yeah!' When I hear of a delivery for someone who reserved sometime in 2017 and ordered 7/30/18, I'm mostly like WTF....

Reactions: gtshoward
Yeah, it’s all over the place for sure. I’m still wondering what a “Partial VIN” means. I mean, I received mine which is 73xxx meaning it’s done and now waiting to dispatch via train to Birmingham then truck to Jacksonville, FL.
They have me picking the car up on the 30th of September tentatively. There’s no way it’ll take that long to arrive here.
Again, all over the place

Is the randomness of the VIN assignments and/or delivery notifications driving anyone else with an early reservation/order kind of crazy? I mean congrats to all who get info regarding delivery, but when I hear of an earlier reservation and/or order getting delivery I'm all like 'hell yeah!' When I hear of a delivery for someone who reserved sometime in 2017 and ordered 7/30/18, I'm mostly like WTF....

I don't think it's random, seems pretty compartmentalized by region to me, maybe based off order projections (at least initially). I.e. Tesla allocates a certain amount of each config to a region, and they sit around until sold. I didn't have a reservation at all.

Got my VIN. Overnight I think. 72xxx
P+ Metallic Silver/black interior/EAP/FSD
3/11/18 reservation
6/27/18 config
Chicago
Sep. 8 delivery
Not a previous owner
Already posted up in tracking thread
I can make payment now, but who are they kidding. Going to inspect car before giving them my $. ;)
Love that you are getting yours... No ill will meant your way, but why someone who reserved years after me and configured after me with my exact same build and who lives further away is getting theirs before I have heard a peep from Tesla; I have a hard time understanding. Guess they just had more trucks going to Chicago????