TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P90D Suspension Stiffer Than 90D?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by nh-srt8, Mar 2, 2016.

1. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

I test drove a P90D at the Scottsdale event last weekend and I thought that the suspension is much stiffer than my S85D that also has air suspension. I seemed to notice the bumps in the road surface more than driving on the same stretch with the S. I wouldn't have thought that the 22" wheels would make that much difference over my 21" on my S. Is the suspension stiffer on the P vs non P? Thanks.

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Nobody knows. 90D's don't exist yet. ;-)

3. pvogel

pvogel Member

Since the suspension is adjustable, what setting did you have on the X vs. the S?

4. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

The height is adjustable, not the softness. Slightly off topic, but I am finding the road/tire noise and wind noise objectionable.. Plan to talk to them since I think a couple of the rubber weather strips are defective. I think the tire noise is because they shipped ny car with Michelin "summer" tires instead od the quieter Conti all-seasons.