Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL picked up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of the X and quite impressed with how much better the car is insulated from road noise compared to the S. One item I found strange is when I am nearby the car, the auto present keeps opening and closing the door as if it were possessed. Anyone else with this issue?
DSC01042.JPG
DSC01047.JPG
DSC01045.JPG

Congrats! Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield adequate at blocking sunlight?

No sunshade. Said that there is no specified date, but it will be shipped directly to me. As for the tint, I think it is not sufficient. I had Spectra Photosync put onto my Aventador, P85+, P90D S, 458, and McLaren (but did not on the 918). Does extremely well in keeping the heat out and I feel is a must on this car.

The white seats look great with your exterior colour. Midnight Silver I presume? A different colour/shade from your S.

Thank you, yes it is midnight silver with white perforated seats. We initially were getting the Bentley Bentayga, but decided to go with X due to the performance figures. The Bentley does have more amenities and luxuries, but I was not impressed with our Bentley GT with ongoing engine issues.

When I was checking out Ken's Signature, and he was standing near the car, but not approaching or leaving, his front doors were going crazy opening and closing too. He was probably going to disable the auto opening feature. Maybe that will improve with a future software update.

My DS in Southern CA actually advised me to leave the auto present doors disabled for now, that if it were his car, it just wasn't worth the risk of it doing something inadvertent/unintentional right now. Be it an incorrect sensor read, it hitting something or someone, or going possessed and having latching/sealing issues, I didn't really feel the risk vs reward was worth it for a feature that is a cool "ooh" and "ahh" but not really much of a game changer for me on a daily basis. It'll be nice once it's super rock solid and stable, but for me right now, the thought of dozens or even hundreds of unintended door opens and closes and what that might do mechanically and software wise isn't worth it. I'll just (happily) open and close my doors myself. :p

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I agree. The first thing I did was turn off the auto present doors when I took delivery on Saturday. A friend who took delivery last week got a scratch on her door edge the first day when the auto present door hit a wall in the parking lot.

Yes...I disabled it. Quite uncomfortable seeing thr door open and close like that. My DS told me there are sensors on door to keep it from hitting anything. I guess there are many more tweaks needed before this feature is ready for prime time.

On another note. I noticed that the rearview mirror on the glass is too small. It barely covers the field of vision for the rear. Anyone else notice this?
Yes. It's not the widest view in the world.

I put my side mirrors out so they just meet the field of view of the middle mirror. I think that translated to two clicks outboard from seeing the edge of the car in the side mirrors. With this setting I am covered with seeing approaching cars in the mirrors until they just show up in my peripheral vision.

Truth be told it would only be good to have a larger mirror if they put cameras at the outside mirror locations and used those to extend the rear view mirror width. Hopefully someday soon.

Reactions: TylerCA
"One item I found strange is when I am nearby the car, the auto present keeps opening and closing the door as if it were possessed. Anyone else with this issue?"

Same situation. Had to disable auto open. Took it to the SC and voila no problem! Huh? At home, the second key fob was within sensing reach of the door antenna and the MX is "confused" as it is now receiving two signals. Move the second key fob as far from the MX as possible or wrap it in aluminum foil (Faraday cage of sorts).

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
Took delivery of the X and quite impressed with how much better the car is insulated from road noise compared to the S.
View attachment 169081 View attachment 169082 View attachment 169083

@tyler - Which tires did your car come with? My experience was just the opposite. My MX came with Michelin "Summer" tires and the road noise was obnoxious. I switched to the Continental "Conti-Silent" and it made a tremendous difference. The MS loaner I had was much quieter than the X.

I've also had wind noise issues that they are working on. It got better after a door gasket/seal change and hopefully will be even better tonight when I pick it up from the SC.