Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA to Bar Harbor, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bar Harbor and Acadia? Always beautiful.
Road to Bar Harbor? Under construction and a nightmare. Down to one lane into town with a detour to get out. It's supposed to be done by tourist season but from what I saw it would be a small miracle.
If you saw my post about the Hampton they're really nice about letting non-guests charge overnight but you're rolling the dice to get one of the close spots that the extension stretches to. If you charge up in Brewer, you really ought to have enough to get to the park, do some driving and get back to Brewer.
Had lots of fun in NH and VT as well if you're headed in that direction.
Detailed recommendations if you want to PM me.
Oh boy do I miss Rosalie's Pizza

Reactions: Half Dollar Bill
I just got back from 2 long weekend trips to Mt Desert. Both times I charged to 80% in Brewer and had enough range for driving around MDI and getting back to a supercharger. If you don't need to charge at Brewer, consider the route 3 trip from Augusta to the island. A nicer drive than I95, shorter, and more efficient. I used a little over 30% to go from MDI to the Augusta SC via route 3. Revision Energy has a J1772 in Liberty, ME, right off route 3 if you need an emegency stop (see plugshare).

I'd recommend a visit to the Seal Cove Auto Museum and you can pick up a few miles while there.
I went years ago when I was a kid. Cool place for an old car geek. Plugshare now shows 2 80A HPWC (looks to be new this year). I wanted to check if they were 80A delivered, or an 80A circuit (64A delivered). I was going to check out the chargers on the way to Thurston's for a lobstah dinnah, but the museum driveway is gated when the museum is closed.

Road to Bar Harbor? Under construction and a nightmare. Down to one lane into town with a detour to get out.
Route 3 on-island. They are diverting traffic on 102/198 -> 233 to Bar Harbor.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: David29