Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint: Multi-coat Red

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(P: 14291) Finalized
Model S performance , 85 kWh, multi-coat red, Gray 21", pano, tech, studio sound, air, black Napa leather/alcantara with red piping,, Carbon fiber, rear spoiler, twin charger, Paint armor, HPWC. estimated delivery April-May 2013.
is this correct? it seems there are a lot of multi coat red ordered before me.
Any ideas what's a realistic delivery window?

Trying to get a handle on this as well my number is P 5810 with 60 kW and air suspension. If they are starting March 1 with the new red wont we start to see them delivered about two weeks after that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trying to get a handle on this as well my number is P 5810 with 60 kW and air suspension. If they are starting March 1 with the new red wont we start to see them delivered about two weeks after that?

If they start on March 1, sure. But March may mean, unfortunately, March 15 or March 30. Or even April if there is a glitch. Plus there are other cars interspersed. 40kWh builds that have been on hold, non-air suspension vehicles, later reservation numbers in all configurations and, maybe, European deliveries (depending on when those start).

I hope you're right and they crank out a big batch of reds right at the beginning of March but I'm optimistically hoping for an early to mid-April delivery. I'm pretty sure I read about someone who signed the paperwork immediately after the red was available got a Mar/April estimate.

If they start on March 1, sure. But March may mean, unfortunately, March 15 or March 30. Or even April if there is a glitch. Plus there are other cars interspersed. 40kWh builds that have been on hold, non-air suspension vehicles, later reservation numbers in all configurations and, maybe, European deliveries (depending on when those start).

I hope you're right and they crank out a big batch of reds right at the beginning of March but I'm optimistically hoping for an early to mid-April delivery. I'm pretty sure I read about someone who signed the paperwork immediately after the red was available got a Mar/April estimate.

There's nothing more here to complicate production here than a change in the paint color. So I don't think there will be too many delays if any.

If it doesn't complicate things then one has to wonder why Tesla needed to, or choose to, wait until March to start building red cars. There must be some risk or downtime required to reconfigure the paint shop.

If it doesn't complicate things then one has to wonder why Tesla needed to, or choose to, wait until March to start building red cars. There must be some risk or downtime required to reconfigure the paint shop.

It's to give the Signature folks a few months of exclusivity with no other competing red Model S. Also I have heard they can only do two multi-layer colours at once--I don't know if that's actually correct though.

Just saw the Sunset Red at Lincoln Road

Just got back from the Lincoln road store. I gave my test drive to a guy with a reservation that hadn't finalized yet. I'm a "blue car" guy.BUT, the Sunset Red is STUNNING. Just gorgeous. It's so nice some of the Sig Red folks are gonna be jealous. If you're on the fence and you don't get to see it, just go ahead and you will not be sorry. I took some less than perfect iPhone pics that I'll post here if there's any interest, or just PM me and I'll email them.

EDIT: Oh By the way. They had the rear facing seats installed and I don't need them. If you do, I think they're pretty darn cool. Kids only except in a real pinch but pretty darn neat. I took a couple pics that don't really do them justice but you can see them also if you wish.

Last edited:
K. Popular demand and all. They aren't great but here ya go!

image copy 2.jpeg
image copy 3.jpeg
image copy 4.jpeg
image copy 5.jpeg
image copy 6.jpeg
image copy 7.jpeg
image copy.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just got back from the Lincoln road store. I gave my test drive to a guy with a reservation that hadn't finalized yet. I'm a "blue car" guy.BUT, the Sunset Red is STUNNING. Just gorgeous. It's so nice some of the Sig Red folks are gonna be jealous. If you're on the fence and you don't get to see it, just go ahead and you will not be sorry. I took some less than perfect iPhone pics that I'll post here if there's any interest, or just PM me and I'll email them.

EDIT: Oh By the way. They had the rear facing seats installed and I don't need them. If you do, I think they're pretty darn cool. Kids only except in a real pinch but pretty darn neat. I took a couple pics that don't really do them justice but you can see them also if you wish.

How did you like the black roof with the red?

Why was it roped off? I've only ever been to Santana Row, but you can crawl all over their cars.

Not sure. I never asked, nor was it mentioned. I DID get the distinct impression that either one of us,or both would have been allowed to "crawl allover it" if we had asked. We just didn't.In all truth, I really just wanted to experience a Tesla store. That's why I gave my test drive slot away to a res holder who had not finalized yet. My feeling is: the initial process is done and though I continue to gather volumes of info on this forum, I will be crawling all over MY MS soon enough. Again, I truly felt that at any time the store employees (who couldn't have been nicer btw) would have immediately moved the ropes and allowed touchy feely stuff.

Why was it roped off? I've only ever been to Santana Row, but you can crawl all over their cars.

I've seen them roped off and not. Santana Row, nope. Westchester, yes. DC, nope. Not sure what the difference was. When I told the guys at Westchester that I was a reservation holder they let me spend as much time in the car as I wanted. I'm sure they would have done the same thing if I didn't have a reservation.