TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pairing: RV parks and hotels

Discussion in 'North America' started by mckemie, May 29, 2013.

1. mckemie

mckemie Member

I would like to see us share locations we have used where it is convenient to charge (RV parks) and find overnight accomodations within a convenient distance, maybe 1/4 mile.

I start by offering a place I used in Columbus Texas, about half way between Austin and Houston. The RV park is across the highway from two hotels and a pretty good Mexican restaurant:
    EV Charging Location - Columbus RV Park - Columbus, TX

2. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

I agree making a list of such locations is a good idea. Some KOA campgrounds offer motel-like cabins on their premises, but my sense is that there are not many of these.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The Wunder Roost B&B put in a 14-50 for me. Located eight miles south of Lincoln, NE.

4. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

While I applaud the idea, I suggest we would be better served putting our recommendations in the regional sub-forums. This has been the case in the FL forum (and some others) for some time and it makes recommendations much easier to find.

P.S. Maybe I've ben lucky but I've never had a hotel not accommodate a request for charging. They always try to come up with something.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Did that too. Question is that for a longish trip, which regional forum :) I put it in a couple plus here. Unfortunately, the search on this forum is rather lacking, and sometimes a google search doesn't find it. Now if ever post was sent by email--the way yahoo groups does it--I could find things almost instantly.

6. TeslaSinHR

TeslaSinHR Member

I would recommend adding these location to Recargo.com and/or PlugShare.com. More people will see them and they can update them too. Plus they have a mobile app that you can refer to when on the road.

7. tbleakne

tbleakne Member

The problem is that only a very small subset of the sites on Recargo or Plugshare are motels, and they do not currently offer a motel filter.

I have been contributing motel with charge sites to a Google map dedicated to this purpose.
    http://dcubed.com/evmap/

8. mckemie

mckemie Member