Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Fidelity Park Assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
High Fidelity Park Assist TechAU article

Looks like there might be a solution to the lack of ultrasonic sensors in cars. Not clear what models this supports or if basic Autopilot has this.
Vision-Only-3D.jpg

I read somewhere (I don’t remember where) today that this will only be available in Enhanced Autopilot or FSD packages. And later on (??) on basic (free) Autopilot
I highly doubt that. I think it is their new solution for not having Ultrasonic Parking Sensors, which was a base feature on all of the vehicles.

However, it will likely require HW3, or newer. And will probably not be on legacy Model S&X vehicles.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping this is just to simplify the initial release. Excluding USS cars means they don't have to worry about unhappy USS owners, or add a setting to toggle it off. Makes perfect sense to cut scope and ship without that.

Hoping they do go back and release it for the rest of us! I really want the parking spot line markings visualization. USS doesn't help with that!

Reactions: dsm363
I'm really hoping this is just to simplify the initial release. Excluding USS cars means they don't have to worry about unhappy USS owners, or add a setting to toggle it off. Makes perfect sense to cut scope and ship without that.

Hoping they do go back and release it for the rest of us! I really want the parking spot line markings visualization. USS doesn't help with that!
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t come to the new S/X, irrespective of USS. The 3/Y screen layout lends itself to this new park assist. The S? Not so much… Guess we’ll see, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t come to the new S/X, irrespective of USS. The 3/Y screen layout lends itself to this new park assist. The S? Not so much… Guess we’ll see, but I wouldn’t count on it.
Of course it’s coming. It’ll just suck. I wish there was an option to see the car / visualizations on the main screen if desired.

Um, I can’t tell if the previous post was sarcasm, but the new park assist is available on S and X.

It does seem a bit small on the drivers screen though but maybe it works well in practice?

View attachment 1000423View attachment 1000424
I stand very corrected! Per Teslafi not a single one has, but clearly you’ve proven the opposite. I wonder if he has USS? Guessing not given the absence of inches displayed to the barriers.

Reactions: jebinc