Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaced my SD card reader also...SC said it's a plague across Xs right now. Also updated OS to 2021.32.22. At least I'm in the FSD beta test now!

Edit: SC also said that Tesla hasn't yet identified the fix to the Park Assist Unavailable message, but they're "hopeful" that the new OS will reduce the frequency of the messages.
Can confirm that Park Assist Unavailable alert still coming on 2021.32.22. One would think that it would be a simple band-aid fix to code this alert suppression when car_speed > 10mph

My 2017 Model X had similar issues. It showed Parking assist unavailable message many times while driving on highways. It also displayed that autopilot is not available. However, this message was on for like 10 seconds and disappeared momentarily, rinse and repeat. My FWD open button on the center console was extremely sluggish, and sometimes it didn't work at all from inside. Fortunately, I could open the FWD from outside.

My firmware was 2021.24.5, and this started happening a few days ago, maybe last week. In my case, this issue is not directly related to the firmware update, as I updated it a few months ago.

Now I got a new firmware 2021.32.21 on Saturday and I installed it during the night. On Sunday morning, the issues persisted, and the firmware install failed. After a few hours of driving, the same firmware became ready to install with the yellow clock icon, so after I got home on Sunday night, I installed it again.

To my surprise, the install went OK and the issues were gone on Monday. In my case, the firmware update 2021.32.21 fixed it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: impastu
I just got this issue “park assist unavailable “ lately on my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 with FSD, version 2021.32.22 (FSD beta button). the basic autopilot works but all lane change and NOA doesn’t, I was thinking a bad ultrasonic sensor, but I did a test by putting the car in reverse in side my narrow garage, and it SHOWS all distances of all the objects around my car!!! Mean those sensors probably all working, the moment I *sugar* to Drive all the distance displays go away immediately. My car never has this alter at all . Schedule service or wait next update?

I just got this issue “park assist unavailable “ lately on my 2018 LR RWD Model 3 with FSD, version 2021.32.22 (FSD beta button). the basic autopilot works but all lane change and NOA doesn’t, I was thinking a bad ultrasonic sensor, but I did a test by putting the car in reverse in side my narrow garage, and it SHOWS all distances of all the objects around my car!!! Mean those sensors probably all working, the moment I *sugar* to Drive all the distance displays go away immediately. My car never has this alter at all . Schedule service or wait next update?
2020 MXP FSD 2021.32.22 here. I've been having intermittent Park Assist Unavailable problems. When I took my car in for service (to force update to 32.22 after numerous failures), I was told that Park Assist Unavailable is a known "firmware issue" and that future updates will "fix" it.

• Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom and impastu
2020 MXP FSD 2021.32.22 here. I've been having intermittent Park Assist Unavailable problems. When I took my car in for service (to force update to 32.22 after numerous failures), I was told that Park Assist Unavailable is a known "firmware issue" and that future updates will "fix" it.
32.22 pretty much eliminated the message for our pre-refresh 2021 MXLR...
but yes it has been a known software issue that took way too long to address.

similar issue as this post: Ultrasonic sensor issue
Schedule a service on Nov 8, I believe there is a bad sensor, had a friend sitting in the car, put the car in reverse and I work around the car with a big 2x4 wood to check each sensor. One of rear drive side sensor would not response at all.

• Informative
similar issue as this post: Ultrasonic sensor issue
Schedule a service on Nov 8, I believe there is a bad sensor, had a friend sitting in the car, put the car in reverse and I work around the car with a big 2x4 wood to check each sensor. One of rear drive side sensor would not response at all.
My problem has been fixed. Here is the notes from the service center: “
Upon further inspection, technician connected to the vehicle via TBX 3 and performed a REAR Ultrasonic sensor test which FAILED @ Park Assist Sensor S10 LIN Communication. Technician removed the rear bumper, traced the electric wiring diagram and found the S10 LIN Communication wire broken @ pin. No signs of outside influenced damages or rodent damages. “ Basically a faulty wire hardness and an ultrasonic sensor.

• Informative
My problem has been fixed. Here is the notes from the service center: “
Upon further inspection, technician connected to the vehicle via TBX 3 and performed a REAR Ultrasonic sensor test which FAILED @ Park Assist Sensor S10 LIN Communication. Technician removed the rear bumper, traced the electric wiring diagram and found the S10 LIN Communication wire broken @ pin. No signs of outside influenced damages or rodent damages. “ Basically a faulty wire hardness and an ultrasonic sensor.
That’s super good to hear. Hope it fully resolved for you. Park assist firmware reflash appears to have solved it for us.

Getting this since my last software update. Car is literally two months old, I don’t think it’s a bad sensor, they all seem to be detecting. Did a reboot and everything