Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started getting this error a few days ago. Tesla claims the radar is the problem. There's something about firmware mismatch when I looked in service mode (full error code is GTW_w037_RADCversionMismatch ).

I have a 2018 Model 3 that was upgraded from the 2.5 to the HW3 computer 6 weeks ago and have FSD beta 11.3.6 public release on software version 2023.12.10. Currently, the symptoms are:

1. Park Assist Unavailable appearing when putting car into Drive and decelerating to a stop.
2. Headlights are always on.
3. Car won't sleep
4. Cruise/AP/FSD unavailable, and the visualization will only show vehicles ahead in my lane (no terrain, no road, no signs, no cars in other lanes).
5. Dashcam/Live Sentry shows all exterior cameras are working, except for the cabin camera. Trying to view it leaves Live Sentry frozen, and just won't load on the car's screen.

All the ultrasonics seem to work, and having inspected the car to a limited degree, I haven't found any issues with wiring (initially thought a rodent chewed up a harness). Several scroll wheel resets and powering off the car haven't helped, though the visual will show all nearby cars when first shifted into Drive.

I have a service appointment in a couple of hours, but does anyone know if forcing a software re-install through service mode might fix this, or at least won't affect Tesla's ability to repair the car? Would be nice to avoid a hefty repair bill, but I don't want to make it worse.