Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first time I submitted it in June to the service center they said they couldn't reproduce it -- but since they it goes off every 10 minutes. Still waiting for the latest update to be available for me.

Have an appointment scheduled for Sept for a handful of items that have been brought up here (Homelink, Parking Assist Unavailable, mirrors not lowering when reversing). Very unhappy with my X at this point.
I had to triple check your post to check whether it was actually my post. 2020 MX here with all these issues (amongst many others) most of which have not been fixed after several visits to service. At this point I’m planning to get rid of my X and grab a new one because I love the car and I’m convinced I have a defective one….

Reactions: impastu
I take back what I said about it going away. Since updating to 2021.32.10, it has gotten 10x worse and has been persistent on some trips. The Homelink issue has also gotten must worse.

The sad part is that when I brought it in for service, they said the 2 are known issues and totally brushed it off.

Yeah - I have low, if any, confidence Tesla is actually going to fix this. It honestly seems like *nobody cares*. Somebody should be scrambling to patch this, even with a bandaid fix like just silencing this error temporarily. It appears to have been happening for months, and they haven’t even done that with multiple SUs having been released.
It’s totally unacceptable that the line is that it’s a “known issue”, with zero remedy.

The audacity:

Hi Hartmut,

We recently had our tech team remotely diagnose your vehicle in relation to the chime you have been experiencing. Here is what they found:

"There are no alerts in the logs. This is related to a new Firmware bug that will be fixed in a Future Firmware Update. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated release date for when this will be ready yet."

We have closed this case at this time, but hope to have a fix soon with a future firmware update. If you have any other questions, you can respond directly to this SMS. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Tesla Skøyen

Same issues here. This is so aggravating for months. Happens every 2-3 minutes of driving every day. Every two minutes! After having spent over $220K on multiple new Tesla vehicles so far, my next EV is gonna be a Porsche. Screw this poor quality. Multiple issues with all Tesla models that I’ve bought with my hard-earned money. Rather pay more for a better quality car.

Reactions: SUP THO and impastu
Same recurring park assist and home link issues. 2021.24.5 has been trying to update for a few weeks and failed each time. Tried hard reset and car bricked. Towed to SC.
Update. Stopped by SC knowing they’re closed today but worried that our X was sitting with A/C still running. Surprisingly it was locked and off. Used fob and car was back to normal like nothing happened. Left it there and want OS pushed to get off of 2021.24.5.

Update. Stopped by SC knowing they’re closed today but worried that our X was sitting with A/C still running. Surprisingly it was locked and off. Used fob and car was back to normal like nothing happened. Left it there and want OS pushed to get off of 2021.24.5.
Service hasn’t released X but I can see from app that they’ve updated OS to 2021.32.22. Fingers crossed I get it back with most (many) of the quirks dequirked

Didn't fix my 2020 X... Tesla needs to address this!. My car had to get towed because both screens went black. Ac was on all night with car in the garage so I couldn't sleep. This issue is absolutely ridiculous.
I totally agree Tesla needs to fix this - but to be clear, “this” is the insanely annoying Park Assist unavailable triple-chirp (which also anecdotally seems to be accompanied with Homelink, and auto-mirror weirdness). It isn’t clear that a bricked/towed car is part of that bundle of joy. You should definitely get that checked out by service.

I totally agree Tesla needs to fix this - but to be clear, “this” is the insanely annoying Park Assist unavailable triple-chirp (which also anecdotally seems to be accompanied with Homelink, and auto-mirror weirdness). It isn’t clear that a bricked/towed car is part of that bundle of joy. You should definitely get that checked out by service.
Yes. Having all of these issues. I'm scared to even reset my screens at home but they replaced my corrupt SD card so it should be safe now but who really knows... I'm pissed off I had to get my car towed. Watching AAA drag my car out of the garage was beyond horrific. I was told a ranger couldn't resolve my 2 black screens of death.

Yes. Having all of these issues. I'm scared to even reset my screens at home but they replaced my corrupt SD card so it should be safe now but who really knows... I'm pissed off I had to get my car towed. Watching AAA drag my car out of the garage was beyond horrific. I was told a ranger couldn't resolve my 2 black screens of death.

May I ask why they replaced your SD card? The Service Advisors said they may explore changing mine in the future but I wasn't sure what that would solve. I had a plethora of bugs at the time of the recommendation.

May I ask why they replaced your SD card? The Service Advisors said they may explore changing mine in the future but I wasn't sure what that would solve. I had a plethora of bugs at the time of the recommendation.
They said it was corrupt n the cause of my black screens. Seems ridiculous to me since the car only has 6k on it. Tell them to replace it to prevent your car from bricking.

They said it was corrupt n the cause of my black screens. Seems ridiculous to me since the car only has 6k on it. Tell them to replace it to prevent your car from bricking.
Replaced my SD card reader also...SC said it's a plague across Xs right now. Also updated OS to 2021.32.22. At least I'm in the FSD beta test now!

Edit: SC also said that Tesla hasn't yet identified the fix to the Park Assist Unavailable message, but they're "hopeful" that the new OS will reduce the frequency of the messages.