Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this problem extends to more than parking unfortunately. it means NAP doesn’t work, the chimes you get when pulling Into a tight spot or garage don’t work, warnings for cars that are too close when driving on multi-lane roads. The error just happens to be for Park Assist. Also, think about what you said, the Park Assist feature is as good or better than any manufacturer out there IMO and the point that it hasn’t been updated in 2.5 years is simply something that most other manufacturers don’t do. Ever. We are #TeslaSpoiled 😁
For my 2020 Model X, I had the actual "Parking Assist Unavailable" popup while the parking sensors were working perfectly fine. It chimed when getting too close at the front bumper. This was a rare case because the popup usually is triggered while I'm driving and almost never when I'm actually parking or driving slowly.

Last edited:
same thing, 2021 Model X November build on 2021.12.25.7. Park Assist Unavailable pops up intermittently while driving (highway, local roads, but always way over 10mph). Nothing seems to be affected, but it's annoying to hear the warning chime for no reason.

I'm having the same problem. 2018 M3 LR. I'm out of warranty so the service center is charging me $500 to replace the front sensors and "Harness - Fascia - Front" (I don't know what that means). It sounds like the tech is not familiar with this issue and doesn't know what to try.

Probably not worth it to throw money at the problem without 100% guarantee it will fix the problem.

The service center insists that I take a pic and include a timestamp of when it happens so they can check the logs when I bring the car in for service.

Lastly, I even had a repairman re-install the latest update (instead of patching it) and the issue came back within an hour. I'm hoping it's a software bug, but in my experience has not be fully addressed.

Mobile tech came to check out the same issue on my 2020 MX LR. He said it's a known firmware issue and expect an OTA fix for it in "2 weeks". My man is emulating Elon. 🤣 He at least gave me his number and told me to give him a call to setup an appointment at the service center if I still have the problem after 2 weeks.

Reactions: SUP THO
My 2020 MX with 4.18.3 gets this popup for a second or two while at highway speeds.
My car now has tried to install the 2021.12.25 and it has failed twice. I wonder if its related? Like the update is unable to write the firmware to that module and as fails the install. The car rolls back to the old version. I was kinda hoping that update would have been my fix.

My 2020 MX with 4.18.3 gets this popup for a second or two while at highway speeds.
My car now has tried to install the 2021.12.25 and it has failed twice. I wonder if its related? Like the update is unable to write the firmware to that module and as fails the install. The car rolls back to the old version. I was kinda hoping that update would have been my fix.
I'm on 2021.12.25.7 and the parking assist errors are still showing up.

I'm having the same problem. 2018 M3 LR. I'm out of warranty so the service center is charging me $500 to replace the front sensors and "Harness - Fascia - Front" (I don't know what that means). It sounds like the tech is not familiar with this issue and doesn't know what to try.
UPDATE: It's fixed. Turns out I have rats in my garage which partially chewed through the cable harness causing the issue. They charged me about $200 to fix. It does work as intended now, yet I could have sworn that it was a software issue as the sensors read properly while I was in reverse but not when going forward. To me that screams not a hardware issue, yet changing out the cable harness got everything to work again.

• Funny
Reactions: hiroshiy
I just had an Eco hitch installed and started receiving Park Assist Unavailable. Is it possible that the installer forgot to connect the sensor? When I called them and asked the installer was not sure so I am going back on Thursday 8/12 to have them check. I never received this message until after my hitch was installed. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I will update when I find out if the sensor was connected or not.

same thing, 2021 Model X November build on 2021.12.25.7. Park Assist Unavailable pops up intermittently while driving (highway, local roads, but always way over 10mph). Nothing seems to be affected, but it's annoying to hear the warning chime for no reason.
Exact same issue and software version.
My garage homelike auto open/close seems wonky too, with delays (i.e. taking 4-5 seconds from homelink sound to door activation) & activations that indicate a second signal was sent (i.e. stopping after only moving a foot).

Reactions: RMG007
Update: The problem has been resolved. Park assist is now working. It turns out my hitch installer forgot to connect the sensor from my bumper. The installer was great about the resolution as took me in at 7:15 am (shop opens at 8:00 am) and I was out by 8:15 am. The issue still persisted on my commute to work but then during my lunch hour I had a chance to drive around and the problem went away.

Perhaps it takes awhile for the car to recognize the sensor was plugged in who knows.

Thanks.

Exact same issue and software version.
My garage homelike auto open/close seems wonky too, with delays (i.e. taking 4-5 seconds from homelink sound to door activation) & activations that indicate a second signal was sent (i.e. stopping after only moving a foot).
Yes! My homelink also got wonky as well after the last update...which is when the park assist error started popping up.

Well this concludes my story - user error. At the exact same time this occurred I had my rear bumper repaired. Body shop forgot to reconnect wiring harness. :-( But, it all turned out for the better. While waiting for my appointment a much closer service center just opened and they did a remote diagnostic and identified my AC needed replacing. It has just failed at the same time so they took it in replaced and loaned me an S.

W

Installed 2021.24.3 on my 2020 MX LR yesterday and have taken it on 4 separate drives. So far, the issues with homelink, autofolding mirrors and the park assist unavailable errors haven't reappeared. It was happening frequently enough that I would have expected to see it by now if it's still a problem. Knock on wood that this update fixed it.

Just got back from the Service Center. I booked my appointment, told them about the parking assist warning issues and that summon didn't work at all. They basically just called an engineer from Tesla HQ, they flashed something in the car and it was fixed. Took about 1 hour. Everything is back to normal again.

I’ll have to try the Power Down tomorrow when I go Out. But I have the same version from this past week and that’s when things started acting weird. Also, don’t forget, when the park assist like in this case happens, you won’t be able to do auto steer in auto pilot either or use Navigate on Autopilot.
Im experiencing the same issue with the “park assist unavailable” message but im able to to be on autosteer/AP no problem. My Service Advisor states it would go away with next update. Just got 2021.24.3 but still getting the message.