Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking annoyance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spaces everywhere with no reason to park near anyone else

Tesla drivers less likely to be careless and open a door to dent their neighbour. So these wise people are parking next to Teslas for that benefit, presumably miffed that they couldn't find two Tesla to park between for double-protection.

I'll get my coat ...

...I remember, back in the day, when there was talk that all Tesla owners, proud of their automobiles, would park at the far end of the car park inches apart, using summon, so that even if anyone chose to venture that far from the shop they wouldn't be able to fit between them ...

Stopped at Fleet services to use the toilet and parked away from everyone. Come back and a VW transit has parked so close that I have to enter via passenger door. WTF
Argh, should have taken a photo for us. We'd have bashed and shamed the moron until sunset, and then some more!

I'm sure folks on here would have done the honours and pop them on more than one 'wall of shame' 😁

Sounds like a perfect opportunity / live case study for summon (if you had EAP) :D

• Funny
Reactions: hairysteve
I think some folk do it deliberately just because they know it will irritate the person they are parking close to. Takes all sorts I suppose.

Coincidentally I stopped at Fleet (northbound) earlier for a splash and dash as well. In these circumstances northbound I usually park in one of the covered up supercharger bays and am yet to have an ICE join me on an adjacent one on the the few occasions I've done it thus far.

Must admit I was in town, and CHOSE to park next to a Model 3. 100% out of nosiness... Sentrycam probably had a field day with me LOL.

I was lucky that when I got back, the owner actually followed me to my car / his car... to which I came clean and apologised if Sentry caught me having a good old snoop... showed him my app and my May order and he was estatic! Had a good 10 minute natter to! I just come to the conclusion that the majority of Tesla owners are super helpful and really happy to share experiences. In fairness, everyone that responds on these forums are so insightful and decent I'm not surprised really...

Assuming i'm not a van driver parking 1" from the drievrs door lol 🥰

Tesla drivers less likely to be careless and open a door to dent their neighbour. So these wise people are parking next to Teslas for that benefit, presumably miffed that they couldn't find two Tesla to park between for double-protection.
Given any kind of option I always park next to the newest/most expensive car for the same reason. I'd rather walk a few more steps that squeeze in next to an old dented car that the owner is less likely to be careful with...

Given any kind of option I always park next to the newest/most expensive car for the same reason. I'd rather walk a few more steps that squeeze in next to an old dented car that the owner is less likely to be careful with...
there's a caveat though.. even the most expensive car on the carpark could have an owner that is a total liability with a trolley!

Where we live, in town parking is about £3.50 to £4.50 for a couple of hours.. However, if you get one of the awesome hand wash vallet, not only do you get to park for £7 (a few quid more) for as long as you need, but you get a valet space, and a sterlingly nice clean spotless car on your return!

Some people just like to have something to reverse around.
20220129_105832~2.jpg