Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Assist Unavailable after 2023.6.9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,my MY all wheel drive delivery on 15, update the park assist.camera calibrated and show error -saying park assist degraded. I have not seen this error being discuss in this forum. I have a service appointment on 4.29(mobile) for my front side camera as it’s not fully secure.

Attachments

• IMG_5328.jpeg
    IMG_5328.jpeg
    736.9 KB · Views: 452
Hello all,my MY all wheel drive delivery on 15, update the park assist.camera calibrated and show error -saying park assist degraded. I have not seen this error being discuss in this forum. I have a service appointment on 4.29(mobile) for my front side camera as it’s not fully secure.
Please keep me posted i get the same message on my MY LR delivered today and calibration done.

I’ve been getting the same message for a while now even after re-calibrating the cameras. In addition, no audible park assist chimes (even though chimes are switched on in settings) and when I’m forward parking into a bay towards a wall the view does not switch to the top view and no distance appears (as it does when reverse parking). Please could you keep us updated?

Make sure they use the plastic extractor to remove the faulty side camera, and not a metal screwdriver!

Just an update. I wait almost 30 days for an appointment for the park assist unavailable problem. I took it in May 3, and it appears that I will not see it till May 5. Seems like my Model Y has a problem with WIRE ASSEMBLY - HARNESS - GLASS - LEFT HAND DRIVE - part number 1616691-00. At least that is what the work order has written. Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.

Just another update. Took my Tesla model Y in to a Tesla service center for park assist unavailable problem on Wednesday and today is Sunday (4-days) and it is still in the shop. Tesla sent me a text about 4:00PM stating they narrow the problem to wiring issues or a computer, and that the car will have to be kept longer. What a bummer because the Tesla that about 4 months old, but I am also a stock holder. So I am looking at this from both sizes, the consumer and the investor point of view. By the wat, the expected completion time is now May 12, 2023. I took the car in May 3, 2023

Last edited:
Update on park assist unavailable problem: After 8 days in the Tesla shop I pick up the car tomorrow. According to the badly worded summary, they replaced the interior camera infrared left hand drive. ( that is how they type it, did they mean hard drive)? They replaced a coaxial cable, removed and installed computer, and removed and install headliner and pillars. The way they update their work order is laughable, for example: Performed exhaustive testing and did not find any specific points of failure. Performed factory reset and alerts went away, Confirmed autopilot functions now operating as expected. Tesla has this listed two times, bit it seems they they are finding things, replacing it, but not saying what they found except replacement of parts. Oh well.

I’ve been getting the same message for a while now even after re-calibrating the cameras. In addition, no audible park assist chimes (even though chimes are switched on in settings) and when I’m forward parking into a bay towards a wall the view does not switch to the top view and no distance appears (as it does when reverse parking). Please could you keep us updated?
Were you able to resolve this issue? I just took delivery of a Model YP yesterday and the exact same message is coming up.

"Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimates may be inaccurate"

Were you able to resolve this issue? I just took delivery of a Model YP yesterday and the exact same message is coming up.

"Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimates may be inaccurate"
Yes, Tesla kept the car for 7 days and fixed it. Tesla replaced the camera at the windshield because the infrared was bad and replaced the wiring harness. Parking assist now works.

Hi all. I have my Tesla Y for a month already, but there is no park assistant at all. Its only a moth old car with the latest update (2023.12.5). If you can help my with the parking assistant, how I can enable it?
There is no sound, or visual assistance, no error messages or anything what can be related that there is any parking assistance. This is very frustrating when driving a brand new EV, but there is no parking assistance (the most common feature in all todays cars).
If you can explain what I'm doing wrong or is there some additional settings to enable it?

Thanks.

Hi all. I have my Tesla Y for a month already, but there is no park assistant at all. Its only a moth old car with the latest update (2023.12.5). If you can help my with the parking assistant, how I can enable it?
There is no sound, or visual assistance, no error messages or anything what can be related that there is any parking assistance. This is very frustrating when driving a brand new EV, but there is no parking assistance (the most common feature in all todays cars).
If you can explain what I'm doing wrong or is there some additional settings to enable it?

Thanks.
I’d get in touch with Service via the app.

Thanks.
Same boat.

Mine randomly started working today. I’m not sure if it is correlated to 2023.12.10 (FSD beta update) or not. I received that update a few days ago so not sure why Park Assist would all of a sudden start working now.

Took delivery early May, been without Park Assist since.

Reactions: mumblesDmonstr
So still having the same issues. The squiggly lines now do appear, but there are no chimes whatsoever (Parking Chimes setting is ON); message "Park Assist is degraded. Distance estimations may be inaccurate" still appearing; when I try to park forward towards a wall my touchscreen does not show the top view, nor does it show to the wall (which it does do when reversing). Is anyone else having these issues?
any update? I have the same issue with my new MY

Thanks for the tip. Downloaded 2023.6.9 yesterday, and get the park assist unavailable error. Unfortunately your instructions aren’t working for my 2023 M3LFP. Total Tesla noob here, so I may not be understanding your instructions fully. I am not sure what you mean by turning off autopilot. That doesn’t seem to be an option in the autopilot menu. I don’t have advanced autopilot or FSD, but oI turned off everything in the autopilot menu that I could. Did the reset twice, but still getting the error.
Yes this worked for me. Thanks for the advice.