Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensors. 4 in total?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Appologizes if this has been answered before, but a search didn't turn up much useful infromation.

In the Model S design studio, for the parking sensors there is the following text: "four zone front and rear parking sensors" together with a bunch of pictures showing two zones at the front and two at the back.
Does this means there are only two sensors at the front and two at the back?
I don't think I've ever seen a car with only two for each. Even the saab I had 10 years ago had 4 in the back. I took a look at the parking lot outside work this morning and every car with sensors had 4 in the back. For those with sensors in the front, they were 4 or 6 for a total of 8 or 10. So 4 in total for the MS seems just strange.

There are definitely four in the front and four in the back. In the front, two are in the body colored bumper cover, and two are in the black nose cone.

I say this with confidence because today I had to clean the ice off of four areas on the front bumper to get the car to cease yelling STOP at me.