Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part recall for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bosses Car was taken in for service. Tesla kept car for an extra day until some part came In . Service center said the part they changed was a mandatory replacemet (not the issue he came in for) . A few other cars in there were also getting the part swapped out.

Something to do with a power inverter. Not about the details, but just wanted to inform other owners.

Maybe someone has more info.

We just did pickup. What is your list of service items, I’m curious?

1. Had "Parking Brake Error" notice several times.
2. Charge port issue (fixed by latest firmware update)
3. Driver side B pillar interior trim not assembled correctly (where curtain airbags located)? Loose, compared to the passenger side
4. Both headlights housing protruding out of the bumper and quarter panels.
5. Sunk-in hood from the quarter panel. Sunk-in hood

All minor issues, otherwise I'm loving this our "Ares" (Red ☰ )

Attachments

• IMG_4854.JPG
    IMG_4854.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 338
1. Had "Parking Brake Error" notice several times.
2. Charge port issue (fixed by latest firmware update)
3. Driver side B pillar interior trim not assembled correctly (where curtain airbags located)? Loose, compared to the passenger side
4. Both headlights housing protruding out of the bumper and quarter panels.
5. Sunk-in hood from the quarter panel. Sunk-in hood

All minor issues, otherwise I'm loving this our "Ares" (Red ☰ )

Thanks, not only did we have close delivery times in same area, but we have twins. Actually the color and wheels (all good choices), chosen by my mother who I transferred the car to. I’ll check these items out tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
I also had a power conversion system replaced without any signs that it was going bad (took car in for a totally unrelated, minor, problem). They said it was a "VIN specific bulletin" from Fremont, but clearly it wasn't incredibly VIN specific if multiple people are having the same thing. Fun fact, after they swapped the PCS my car died when i was driving it home from the service center and they had to tow it back :eek:

I took my car in and they replaced the "Power Conversion System" as a recall. It took a couple of days for the part to come in and one day to do the repair. In total the covered warranty cost was $1100.

They did not elaborate on the reason for the repair. Just that it was needed.

I took my car in to Santa Clara SC today.
They had huge backlogs of cars 10-15 maybe in queue for service.
My car been sitting outside at the parking lot all day. Hopefully will hear some update tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I also had a power conversion system replaced without any signs that it was going bad (took car in for a totally unrelated, minor, problem). They said it was a "VIN specific bulletin" from Fremont, but clearly it wasn't incredibly VIN specific if multiple people are having the same thing. Fun fact, after they swapped the PCS my car died when i was driving it home from the service center and they had to tow it back :eek:
It's probably within a certain VIN range. It would help if anyone running into this would post at least the first 3 digits of their VIN if they're comfortable with doing so. This might help someone down the line if they get assigned a VIN in that range and are expecting a delivery that will likely be delayed.