Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

Just received a 2015 85D which was in a rear-ender. I'm selling everything in it that I don't need.

Let me know what you need -- I'm looking for 2/3 of retail.

This is a southern California car, so has never been frozen or on salt roads, and has never been in the drink. It has 3,500 miles on the clock. The battery pack has 215 miles of charge.

What I don't have:
- Rear body parts
- Front body parts
- Airbags
- Charger
- HVJB
- BCM

Everything else is for sale, including B-pillars and pano roof. I'd like to sell the interior complete (as per another ad here).

List Date: 3/11/2016

SOLD:
- Master charger
- High-Voltage Junction Box
- Body Control Module + fob
- Backup camera
- Charging port + cable (shipping still owed)
- Rear right multilink (knuckle, strut, control arms, links and bolts) + air shock
- Rear right e-brake
- Driver's door seal
- Right-rear shock
- Both outside mirrors
- Driver's door switches
- Driver's door wiring harness
- All ultrasonic sensors
- Driver's front suspension
- Both front fenders
- Bumper cover and all supporting members
- Hood
- Subframe and torsion bar
- Right-rear wheel knuckle
- Headliner
- Driver's B-pillar interior covers (top & bottom)
- Interior rear-view mirror
- Main battery pack

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $1.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

8a91a3ca-9df5-429a-b4be-9a4cffb46d60.jpg
cdd83bb0-e23c-4091-b432-324e212fd206.JPG
97432252-91ee-4216-8268-48175d033760.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it appears that the charging port is in good shape, unless something's broken behind. Looking for $145 with cables, and $20 shipping. The control wire may go into a main harness so if that's the case I can't include that. You can pay with Paypal (please add 3%), or with a wire.

If you decide to part out any of the seats, I'm curious what your asking price would be. Feel free to PM specifics if you'd prefer to go that route.

Also, why not... I'm curious what you're asking for the battery pack as well.

how much for the MCU (17 inch display) and gauge cluster....

lastly how much for the whole shebang
I'm asking 2/3 of retail, but the problem is getting retail prices. I've been offered $1,500 for the MCU and gauge cluster, but that's too low. If I could get a price list it would make this much easier and more fair.

Maybe you're asking about the whole interior? It's listed here:
Complete Premium Interior, black - 2015 Model S
It's looking like the passenger's seat recline doesn't work so I'll have to discount for that. Probably just a bad connection. Also a few plastic parts in the back got shattered as it's a rear-ender.

For the same reason I'll be selling all the wiring harnesses.

If you decide to part out any of the seats, I'm curious what your asking price would be. Feel free to PM specifics if you'd prefer to go that route.

Also, why not... I'm curious what you're asking for the battery pack as well.
I need to reserve the interior complete, for those unfortunates (and there are several) repairing a flood car.

I have the pack listed here:
85kWh Battery Pack, Practically New, from a 2015 Model S

Thanks for the link.

I suspect you can't change the thread title, but if you can: it's worth making it clear that it's a D pack. My understanding is that D packs are different from non-D packs. More specifically, I have been told non-D packs are not compatible with D cars. I don't know if D packs are compatible with non-D cars.

I suspect you can't change the thread title, but if you can: it's worth making it clear that it's a D pack. My understanding is that D packs are different from non-D packs. More specifically, I have been told non-D packs are not compatible with D cars. I don't know if D packs are compatible with non-D cars.
Good question. I'd be surprised if they are different, as everything comes together in the HVJB. And I doubt the automatic battery changers at Supercharger sites can stock a bunch of different batteries.

Good question. I'd be surprised if they are different, as everything comes together in the HVJB. And I doubt the automatic battery changers at Supercharger sites can stock a bunch of different batteries.
Let me be more specific:
When I had a battery replacement (yay warranty!) in my P85D, part of the delay was that they didn't have a D pack in stock.

Just to be more clear-erer "D" pack is the revision of the battery pack. An "A" pack being the first. D packs "could" charge at even a higher kwh rate at a SuperCharger, potentially.
You make a good point. We have a terminology collision. I shouldn't have said "D" pack I suppose.

You're talking about revisions. I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about significant, externally visible physical differences between dual-motor-compatible and non-dual-motor-compatible packs.