Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger lumbar support missing from new MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s always harder to take something away than if it was never there in the first place. This is just an example of under-delivering, not the first one, not the last one.
Car manufacturers have been adding features to their cars at no extra costs forever. By your logic, a $20k car shouldn’t have AC, power steering or even airbags.
Thank you! By his logic we should be happy if our cars are delivered with no doors lol

Reactions: croman
It was ok for you guys to buy a so call $55k car without heated steering wheel before? And its not ok now to buy it without the passenger lumber support you don't even use???
Honestly, Tesla didn't charge you extra when adding new stuffs, and shouldn't complain when it removes some features.
It isn't the same, at least not to me. If they want to add more stuff for free, sure I will take it. If I went to test drive a vehicle and put money for it but then the end result is different, that to me is bait and switch. They even changed the seat information on their website but who knows when that was changed. I honestly just want them to be upfront about changes, they at least did that with the radar changes.

The problem I have is that it feels like 'bait and switch'. When I ordered a Tesla MY, the website and the SA stated the vehicle had Radar and 12 point adjustable seats. We even checked to make sure it had lumber support during our test drive. Only now do I discover that Tesla has removed both. I will admit this isn't enough for me not to accept the car. I'm just starting to really distrust Tesla.

So if we narrow it down over the last year or so the only positive additions were the rear tail lights and the heated steering wheel and just recently PPF at the rear wheel section. The rest have been things they removed or installed that are more annoying than anything else such as removal of regenerative braking selection, addition of UFO speaker noises and now the passenger lumber support? I am sure the list goes on.

@Midnightsun you forgot a few of the positives: laminated dual-pane front door windows; USB stick included for TeslaCam/Sentry; updated center console with storage cover that you don't have to learn how to close with "just the right amount of pressure" nor wrap/cover to avoid getting finger prints and scratches; updated headlights (on MYP only so far mind you); I might be missing a few

@Midnightsun you forgot a few of the positives: laminated dual-pane front door windows; USB stick included for TeslaCam/Sentry; updated center console with storage cover that you don't have to learn how to close with "just the right amount of pressure" nor wrap/cover to avoid getting finger prints and scratches; updated headlights (on MYP only so far mind you); I might be missing a few
Correct you are however there are certain things some like and other do not. I for one would not want the UFO sound maker nor the updated console. The laminated front glass is nice but questionable if it really makes a difference but still a plus. Did they not put in heated mirrors also when they did the steering wheel?

Point is it seems like many held off to get the most new features possible however it is turning into get one now before they take something else away. Best purchase time would have been after the heated wheel but before the noise maker IMHO.

USB-A for Sentry Mode and Dashcam moved to inside glove box for added security. Redesigned tail lights (the charging port may also have been redesigned to now include a release button.) Mudflaps and/or PPF for rear doors (supposed to be now be standard on MY sold in northern US and Canada but I may be wrong.) Factory Tow Hitch option (can be included with order, Tow Hitch is installed at the Tesla Service Center), 7-seat (option) now available. Larger 82kWh battery pack versus the original 78kWh battery pack (at least for the Performance Model Y.)

Correct you are however there are certain things some like and other do not. I for one would not want the UFO sound maker nor the updated console. The laminated front glass is nice but questionable if it really makes a difference but still a plus. Did they not put in heated mirrors also when they did the steering wheel?

Point is it seems like many held off to get the most new features possible however it is turning into get one now before they take something else away. Best purchase time would have been after the heated wheel but before the noise maker IMHO.
The mirrors have always been heated. Tesla changed the side mirrors on the Model Y to auto-dimming mirrors when they started using auto-dimming mirrors again on the Model 3.

The mirrors have always been heated. Tesla changed the side mirrors on the Model Y to auto-dimming mirrors when they started using auto-dimming mirrors again on the Model 3.
This is what i want to avoid. I like auto dimming mirrors. I would feel very bad if I took delivery of a car without one, only to find out that they were putting it back into the car later. I dont want to accept the car next week, then in 2 months find out that they are churning out cars with lumbar support on both sides.

On a separate note:
This is not "continuous improvement" - this is a fluctuation of what is being offered as standard equipment. It's taking away something that was there, and is very different from the "i am going to hold out for the next cool NEW feature"