Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger safety restraint system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this fault come up on Wednesday and took to get serviced the next day , they fixed it but the same fault returned two days later, I talked to a lady on the phone and they are submitting a report to see what the engineers think , has anyone had this problem? The lady said it possibly could be software. I had 2020.32.3 download less than a week ago.

Did you have a heavy backpack in the back seat leaning against the front seats. Something about that can lead to pushing against the cable harness. Ran into that on my first long distance trip. Haven't seen it since, and it's now been two years.

Just got 32.3 yesterday, and it faulted 3x on my first drive, with "Front passenger safety restraint system fault", when there was nothing but mail on the seat. I figured it might be a software issue, so will give it a little time before contacting Tesla.

I had this come up on mine about 2 months ago. Made an appointment for service through the app. It would go off occasionally than usually come back on when I start driving. I saw someone mention to turn on the seat heater somewhere and noticed it would sometimes cause the indicator for the seat fault to go away.

When they contacted me, I asked about a mobile service to take care of it. They said it could be done. Mobile tech came out, said they put in some kind of filter to stop it from occurring again. Then about a week ago, it starting popping up again. Turning on the seat heater made it go away again. I know odd. I contacted SC and made a new appointment to get it looked at. I'll bring it in next week for my appointment even though after the indicator came on 2x since I made the appointment, it hasn't come back on for several days. Something odd is up with it.