Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side mirror partially obstructed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vantage point in my model 3 of the passenger side mirror view is partially obstructed by the mirror housing from the side closest to the car body. Anyone else notice that. Or is my mirroring housing out of whack. Feedback is appreciated.
7FE51044-A1EA-42A6-9C7E-24E11267325E.jpeg

Convex mirrors (Suma performance thread on here) will solve that nicely. See before after photos and videos.

Don't like the gentle blue tint or lack of autodim? Wait for the clear ones to eventually come out, attempt to source EU or APAC parts ($$$$) or just accept the OEs as 'within spec'.

My vantage point in my model 3 of the passenger side mirror view is partially obstructed by the mirror housing from the side closest to the car body. Anyone else notice that. Or is my mirroring housing out of whack. Feedback is appreciated. View attachment 468801
Your mirrors (like 95% of all) are set incorrectly and seeing MORE of the side of your car is worthless in driving. If set properly you would use/see the whole mirror and eliminate blind spots.

https://www.cars.com/articles/video-how-to-set-your-side-mirrors-1420693342289/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: marnfl
Your mirrors (like 95% of all) are set incorrectly and seeing MORE of the side of your car is worthless in driving. If set properly you would use/see the whole mirror and eliminate blind spots.

https://www.cars.com/articles/video-how-to-set-your-side-mirrors-1420693342289/

I followed this video’s advice and had great success on my previous car but in the model 3 the rear seat headrests are just right in the way from getting to see straight into what the side mirrors can. It’s unfortunate.

Your mirrors (like 95% of all) are set incorrectly and seeing MORE of the side of your car is worthless in driving.

So I use the SAE technique on every car I drive (rental, etc.)

But on the Tesla 3, when my head is against the left window, and the side mirror fully as wide as it will go, I still see a ton of the side of the car. Does your side mirror work correctly?

(Picture with camera in front of my nose.)

Attachments

• 45E75E48-B6DD-442A-94C1-B38C076C5A17.jpeg
    45E75E48-B6DD-442A-94C1-B38C076C5A17.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 51
Mine are exactly the same

Doesn't matter my seat position the housing blocks about 20% of the actual mirror. Even if I have it set not to see much of the car.

Having the extra would be nice as mirrors seem fairly small after coming from a larger SUV but probably normal for small sports car