Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger side window crack - any experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So almost 3 months after reporting it to autoglass - I finally had a replacement fitted this morning. The side window only came into stock 2 weeks ago.

Interestingly, the chap from Autoglass said it was the third Model 3 side window he had done this week - he seemed to think the laminated glass was too thin and lots of owners were experiencing similar cracks? This seems to add weight to it possibly being a manufacturing issue if it is that common?

Any hopes I had of having a 'perfect' car for a while have gone out the window still. Unfortunately my car's cameras have now all gone on the blink which must be a coincidence unless the glass change has somehow affected them. Multiple resets have failed to cure it either.

So almost 3 months after reporting it to autoglass - I finally had a replacement fitted this morning. The side window only came into stock 2 weeks ago.

Interestingly, the chap from Autoglass said it was the third Model 3 side window he had done this week - he seemed to think the laminated glass was too thin and lots of owners were experiencing similar cracks? This seems to add weight to it possibly being a manufacturing issue if it is that common?

Any hopes I had of having a 'perfect' car for a while have gone out the window still. Unfortunately my car's cameras have now all gone on the blink which must be a coincidence unless the glass change has somehow affected them. Multiple resets have failed to cure it either.
What the hell, sorry to hear that, sounds like a horror story mate, hope it get sorted soon

Hi All,

Posting here as it is a stone/glass-related question.

With regards to stones through the windscreen, would auto-glass sort out the rain sensor, front camera and heated front window when they replace the windscreen? Wondering as we had a stone fly into the window today and I am in the process of getting a quote from Autoglass online. They say they can visit my home tomorrow to do the replacement. That is top service, but do they sort out the sensors and camera alignment etc?

Hi All,

Posting here as it is a stone/glass-related question.

With regards to stones through the windscreen, would auto-glass sort out the rain sensor, front camera and heated front window when they replace the windscreen? Wondering as we had a stone fly into the window today and I am in the process of getting a quote from Autoglass online. They say they can visit my home tomorrow to do the replacement. That is top service, but do they sort out the sensors and camera alignment etc?
There's quite a bit of discussion on this if you do a search. The answer is sometimes they do it directly and sometimes they liaise with Tesla to calibrate.

Reactions: lookatbowen