Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passing time until your Model S is delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S 75D just finished production yesterday, and today I got the financing sorted out (Tesla Lending actually came back with a better offer than Alliant by .75%). My HPWC is installed in the garage/glowing green, and I've read the owner's manual a handful of times now.

It's not getting here (north Chicago suburbs) until the 27-31st, and I'm running out of distractions. Any good youtube videos/articles/Tesla-related distractions you can recommend? This is where I wish there was a 5-8K piece lego Tesla to build...

Reactions: MarkKW
‘Bjorn Nyland’ and ‘Fully Charged’ are my favorite YouTube EV channels.

‘Electrek’ and ‘Talking Tesla’ my favorite podcasts. Talking Tesla has not been very active lately, but even the old episodes can be entertaining.

Hope all goes well with your car!

Signup for the top four EV non-Tesla charging vendors' RFID cards and put them on a small ring to keep in the car: Chargepoint, Blink, SemaConnect, EVgo.

Some people don't feel you should park a a Tesla in a convenient, sometimes free, public EV spot since you probably can get home without charging, unlike some Leaf and other owners. Personally I think if you feel this way you should make a hanger that leaves your mobile number and mentions you are convenience charging and someone can either unplug you if they need the charger or text you if they need your spot. I use the same note at a Tesla destination chargers at resorts and similar.

Install plugshare on your mobile device and see where chargers exist nearby places you frequent.

Also, make a list of your favorite podcasts to lookup on TuneIn once the car arrives. And maybe the ten top songs that represent your musical taste since requesting them will seed Slacker radio favorites. For extra fun, think of songs that people would expect you to like, but you don't, then once your car arrives, request them and be sure to change the "approve" to "disapprove".

Maybe use evrouteplanner to map a couple road trips. Don't forget to change your car and battery type. Play with the buffer to see if it changes your route. Turn the buffer up and pretend it is winter.

Last edited:
These are some great suggestions, thanks! I hadn't even thought of signing up for chargepoint/etc for example and that's a perfect time consuming little bit of busywork :)

I already decided on paint protection (XPEL stealth... I got blue metallic paint and I've seen a few pics with this combo that are just stunning). I hadn't really considered tinting though... the roof at least seems pretty tinted already, is this something a lot folks end up doing?

And I've definitely noticed the lack of enthusiasm/content for the model S with the 3 taking up all the air in the room. It seems like a great car, it just doesn't have nearly enough cargo room for our family (and I like the way the S looks a lot more).

Reactions: MarkKW
I hadn't really considered tinting though... the roof at least seems pretty tinted already, is this something a lot folks end up doing?

The roof is sufficiently tinted IMO, but the side windows have no tint whatsoever so you will probably want to get them tinted. I went with 35% ceramic on side/rear and 70% ceramic on the front windshield. I know tinting the front windshield illegal in most places, but 70% is practically clear and no one can tell unless I mention it. It makes a tremendous difference to me. I'm able to park in the middle of a recently sealed(read solid black) parking lot without having cabin overheat protection kick on.

These are some great suggestions, thanks! I hadn't even thought of signing up for chargepoint/etc for example and that's a perfect time consuming little bit of busywork :)

I already decided on paint protection (XPEL stealth... I got blue metallic paint and I've seen a few pics with this combo that are just stunning). I hadn't really considered tinting though... the roof at least seems pretty tinted already, is this something a lot folks end up doing?

And I've definitely noticed the lack of enthusiasm/content for the model S with the 3 taking up all the air in the room. It seems like a great car, it just doesn't have nearly enough cargo room for our family (and I like the way the S looks a lot more).[/QUOTE

If you don’t mind asking How much we’re you quoted for xpel stealth? My car is getting delivered this week and decided to just get the standard package as I was getting quotes from 4500-6k on xpel.

Are you also doing the ceramic coating before xpel?

Start a new job (that's what I did). All of that free time will get sucked right out the window, and delivery will be here before you know it.

But on a more serious note, there are so many youtube channels that it's easy to get lost down the rabbit hole. Some are great, some are terrible, most fall in between. I started watching a lot of Rich Rebuilds with my wife while we waited just to see all the craziness that goes in to a Tesla. I also looked for actual tips and tricks (not the same 15 that every blog/video/etc. shows). There are a few out there, such as the weather profiles that Black Tesla on YouTube talks about, that really are hidden tips.

From the title of this thread I thought it was from 2012-2013 when we waited like 8 months to get our Model S. You newbies crack me up!

Yeah, I've just never had to wait very long for a new car before (I also haven't purchased anything super desirable before that was brand new either, so there's that). The closest I got was my 2007 Mini Cooper S, which I had done custom for racing stripes... but that wait was only a few weeks.

Reactions: SUN-day Driver