Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Password card lost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve lost the card containing the password and QR code for my home charger. Does anyone know how to recover the password?
Many thanks……..

There's a qr code on the side of the unit, and if that doesn't work, the ssid/password are on a label on the inside of the unit. Remove the four hex screws(two on top/two on bottom) and slip the front part off the baseplate(pull straight away from the wall), write down(or take a picture of) the information you need, and put it back up. I found that while there is a QR code both on the side and inside the unit, the square is so small its hard to get to work.

If you want to make it better for the future, there are online QR code generators that will happily take your ssid/password and make a QR code you could either scan with your phone, or print and stick on the side of the HPWC.

Upvote 0
I usually take a photo of Serial numbers and log in information such as this with my iPhone. That way I have a permanent record of it and can access the information easily if required.
That's what I did after installing -- I didn't see that the password was printed inside, I just realized that it wasn't printed on the outside and I'd be apt to lose it if I didn't keep it somewhere safe (like on my phone).

Upvote 0
I take it that I'm going to have to pull mine apart even though there's the QR code on the outside? When I scan it, it brings up the sets of numbers under the TPN
1678909204315.png

Upvote 0
Yep, looks like that's the way it is. The password and such is definitely printed on the inside(rear face of the body of the HPWC)
Thanks. Just to follow up, we had our builder's electrician come by yesterday to install our other two chargers in another garage. While he was at the house he pulled the Gen 3 off the wall and behind the unit was the password. It was a long all caps but it worked. Set it up, adjusted it correctly for the amperage circuit that it was on. Configured to talk on the home network. I logged into my router to obtain the wall connector IP. After logging in to the connector I was greeted with a note mentioning the only way to configure was to connect to it's own SSID. I thought that was kind of odd that you can't manage this from your LAN.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Just to follow up, we had our builder's electrician come by yesterday to install our other two chargers in another garage. While he was at the house he pulled the Gen 3 off the wall and behind the unit was the password. It was a long all caps but it worked. Set it up, adjusted it correctly for the amperage circuit that it was on. Configured to talk on the home network. I logged into my router to obtain the wall connector IP. After logging in to the connector I was greeted with a note mentioning the only way to configure was to connect to it's own SSID. I thought that was kind of odd that you can't manage this from your LAN.
Yes, that's(inability to configure via LAN) a security feature. A long time ago you could.

Upvote 0
One of my Gen 2 received the solid red light of death. Now I need to figure that out. I'm hoping there's a wire loose that happen in transit from house to house.
While I was researching a repair, I came across a video that there was a kit from OpenEVSE that included a WIFI module to where you can upgrade the gen 2 to have WIFI as a Gen 3.

Upvote 0