Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying for SC first time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just rolled off free supercharging :(and going on long trip. :) Added credit card to my Tesla account 5 minutes ago. Will I be "OK" to charge at a supercharger in 4 hours? IE, their SC database updates real time, yes ... I'm not gonna have to wait 24 hours for stuff to update ??? Would hate to get 250 miles from home and be SOL on SC! Any help greatly appreciated.

Even if there is a glitch with your credit card, Tesla will let you charge. It’ll show up as an amount due in your charging history page, and they send you a nice email. I assume there may be some limit to this generosity, but we went four Supercharging visits in a row before I was aware we had a problem and fixed it.

• Informative
Reactions: Obsoletion
I stopped at a supercharger on the way home when I bought it last month. I didn't know anything about the process. I didn't add my credit card until I was at the Supercharger and it worked fine. Definitely more expensive than at home but nice to have.