Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrians in a parking lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love that our car makes no noise.

I hate that our car makes no noise.

What do you do to prevent people randomly jumping out in front of your car while you're looking for a parking space at the mall/stadium/work parking garage?

Honking would be the obvious answer, but typically i dont see them in time as they are walking in between two parked cars.

is there a whistle i can add for humans like they have for deer?

This topic comes up all the time, the tires make noise. Seriously. Have your significant other drive the car at 5-10mph down the parking lot, and stand nearby. You can hear the tires.

As for cars traveling 25mph, you mainly hear the tires, not the engine noise (on most average cars, not performance cars, or tuned cars). I can hear my wife driving down our street, by the tire noise, not the engine noise. Same with other cars.

If the pedestrian isn't paying attention, he's just as likely to not hear an ICE engine.

As for the solution: turn on the AC (lol, funny, but somewhat true), turn on the music, more your tires left to right (yeah, yeah, unnecessary wear), open your window, or honk.

Someone I think either wanted to, or did, attach a doorbell chime under the nosecone and would trigger it when people weren't paying attention.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I'm working on something now to address this problem.
horn.PNG

God please not this again. Demand the government make it a law that all BEV owners must wrap their cars in bubble wrap and if it is not maintained punishable by death. We need minority report-like predictive analytics to save us from our own stupidity and the consequences of our bad decisions. Anything short of that egalitarian dystopian utopia is lack of perfection. /sarc :D:p:cool::(