TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

People Really Want Those Referrals

Discussion in 'Model X' started by PedanticOne, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

Just ran across this while searching Google for tesla leasing info. It's a referral link.

referralad.png

• Like x 1
  2. Halcyon

Halcyon Member

Love it. I'd be willing to pay people $100-200 per delivered referral, so I can see why someone would spend the $ on advertising their code!

3. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Yup you have entrepreneurial Tesla owners with knowledge of seo and adwords taking advantage of every tool avaliabile to them to get referrals.

4. PedanticOne

I know there are some who are trying to pool together to share the benefits. Use one code and split the loot.

5. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Tesla have been known to disqualify people who were trying to commercialize or use the referral program outside of what they consider fair use.

Not sure where they draw the line, but I am quite certain exchange of funds is not looked upon favorably.

6. PedanticOne

I don't mind having some enterprising folks being creative, but the thing I don't like about that ad is that it's not clear at all its a referral. People would just go in and order and probably not pick up on the fact that the referral code is there. And it almost looks like a real Tesla ad.

• Informative x 1
  7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I've seen a lot of those.

And I'm pretty sure that violates Google AdWords rules.

8. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Do you think Tesla would disqualify them? I am sure they made a bunch of referrals by advertising the codes?

9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I don't think we've ever heard of anyone getting disqualified. But I'm sure when they started the program they didn't think people would be taking out Google AdWord ads for their codes.

10. Reeler

Reeler 7th Year of Pure EV

I think Tesla may not be able to advertise in many states. I think Tesla loves the fact that others are doing it for them. By offering prizes, it probably is far cheaper too.

11. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

I have many acquaintances who have bought a Tesla after I bought mine but I come to know about their purchase from their FB post. They never talked to me that they are interested in buying though they asked curious questions about the car, charging logistics and referral program.:eek: