Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance front brake pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Air flow definitely will help and a lot of times you don't need more brake you need more cooling. Going with bigger brakes while giving you more surface area for the pad to contact and usually a higher number of pistons the other benefit is a larger rotor can absorb more heat than a smaller one. From my BMW days there were so many people that wanted $3k+ brake setups when a simple set of ducts and backing plates would go a long way to helping with cooling.

I have partnered with Stoptech and we are working on some braking upgrades. For the short term I have a couple different options from Stoptech for replacement front pads as well as some options from Hawk Performance which is another popular option. They can be found HERE we will be working on more pad choices as well as big brake kits in the near future and hopefully some brake cooling options too.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
View attachment 302136

I was sent pics of the rear brake pads. Does anyone have a 2015-2017 mustang that has pads that look like the attached picture?

I bought a a cheap set of 2015-17 Mustang pads and they do not fit - similar but different shape & size:
btZ10aQ8i_C6VrIZi3SmoELYl-4AcHvAgBjQw-iU1GyywcM5aBwkCyj6WwALhXWVS0YZwMXKd38Pk9RQldV90i9_PmlXLGlVlQBQ7PAWVOMPWk0ghXQoPpz6SJt-blIV0YqxDB88FEOzO3JO7uyfsrtepeeQJj60RAxv2tnOcXWnEPzJmaAtRVsIFEEIfDxi25yY8gpDxRpIIZUG_5zgk6SV_3Z7S1c_1ifaSHuH28gyoHxhYzFg5kT4eKd4xw6fw6vN7EOmmr8I6B9KztkrTeazJDhHQCXD_DLrXwRtvdrOKzLYfhKMFJJWGv3AfsYtKfUjMQxPzR5SSRCAinj2CkA6sQnwjHttpVJ-FAz7_jwj4eq1ygzbIo-IaP0lNI4ypnyJ54z5-feBeK-1_HcrGBrsQncXCRCh9RVwa-8PZAR5IHuERspsDTJKlM0DTMaix6wssHy4CZXSNFledBGkvTNEsV03tJ44HBNabrQr3pA4EC-2qTuENWvHAGJhpwiWXl5bxqx88VnQ1j7DSMme5cDI_E9NFXGmmOK3BYjERBr5k14HFsWKxWT22TyX9BgY9Pf9KzzqBNYwYHQxctk4rC9WNqKlo3lNhQ=w492-h873-no

Here are some pictures with dimensions in case someone is able to find an exact match - I wasn't :-(
06vKK5HQ6kBUV3ZHUe6hJnI7p6F_OdL1gN9HY4v4E_OzHIZce7qOss7UuS0K85rzYSWEV6n7TDLPw9_eo7SgoV_Av6Iy2BCfmYeCnMzv7fubCx80j58ePDK5GLnZrWF0LCCbS29kIrNgJCvNkQ1lWiBAlYz0jBZKy6tTph7FbL2bEiyqW8DL4dlq-mI5uL4zhoZ9b4ZhQYGFDoQTfeCXkAttO6zhULCYYWLXN_6G48bmva-Qs-bT_pQZk6kfZDGwIJszNyqpvS0cEl2ltTZHVldDoRpPMGP4bk7V-lg6FqEdnXCx0XglRihzVet7XG2ob0FNnyGbsYtMJ5GhUqLpgPyktksU5zlwR3NWU4EI0iIvQ9gMdLM3hBDRpWH0PD7fzQW-HSmkRMOgt85UQvY9qMF4HTY22S0UeaiwH8Yxp_uLbNbAi4NI08U_zzWY1xiZZhqtkhAbagFJ5glF2WEDhxFHdoypGkQ0uQrGGmxYxi0YHVUgkLExC7Rk24f1Fd4jGINdrPqYj-RpAxdi8tJ9re7wlgRzj-WIrYNEEgXf1OcJ2ymIYXGvl_qIb5RtZysEHYouz6eGi36dSh5H7RDfKt9vHF75WGuTIg=w492-h873-no

KVmMIx8JL7xvGduKRjckFD0IYFQSyTcoyWfSovbMFI7shxLbFyPnOsTdz9eN5EAcG_kA4znLloaxvnNde2dtLBZvYo6ONCF0J5CXthsFWgGAxhm0GIiY6w4eDjkhFEpSsq76QG245hxlHymweVZWAYm3Ntx1oD71gaIdjphirC_NDAUH1LFwojw5EIQiWG5AVUKs4v2CFQRJWOVBdix8NafR6blmJsTk6VS4A_7o7AvDuJrt5yIhglXf9DDnC8bRa5MHBxapcnDBmvMfIZhVFB1Yx2LfYYzrO1ludnqjaRsUtknX0VxqkZTqen7fu9uyMBA0i4wkos47ugIcUjBwGEE4ZU5TpBgf2RSmZLXW6Cv6Wt1SSbNZd6VCZz_FDQF53NvtnKkblOfgrJnrSg32UWaa1U67AAViyBUWgSQupK2yLVjdD8Cu7GpqmwqYYaxLSCMdo8V1vFy0TLwCRVbDlR53rIDSpGndQTZjRW2oc-XwQ0DaY3wlQ1KCMxSfLf-7-2Ec56O4SezKC3Wyk1p1vaR-Neol9SpRhyJubUL8Cmec6xsPj5ggU2qcJpgM7rJ-cFxcKBkb9k0ywUbnZ8yrjAG3uczKx-d62w=w492-h873-no

I do not yet. They have better initial bite vs the stock pads and better tolerance to high heat. I’ve had them on several vehicles that I have owned and always been happy with them. I’m still waiting on my Model 3 to arrive and then we plan to do comparisons with pads, @MountainPass rotor upgrade and with different tires. People always neglect to realize that tire choice is equally important. You can have the most ridiculous brakes in the world but if the tires can’t keep up you’re just going to skid.

Air flow definitely will help and a lot of times you don't need more brake you need more cooling. Going with bigger brakes while giving you more surface area for the pad to contact and usually a higher number of pistons the other benefit is a larger rotor can absorb more heat than a smaller one. From my BMW days there were so many people that wanted $3k+ brake setups when a simple set of ducts and backing plates would go a long way to helping with cooling.

I have partnered with Stoptech and we are working on some braking upgrades. For the short term I have a couple different options from Stoptech for replacement front pads as well as some options from Hawk Performance which is another popular option. They can be found HERE we will be working on more pad choices as well as big brake kits in the near future and hopefully some brake cooling options too.

Looking at this chart, HP+ should brake harder than HPS in all circumstances. Is that really the case?

Rotor wear aside, is there any reason to not use HP+ on the street? I'm looking for better initial bite and modulation and not necessarily for very high temperature performance. I also don't care all that much if that comes at the expense of higher rotor wear as long as it's not horrible.

629736_x800.jpg

Reactions: ElectricGhost
Looking at this chart, HP+ should brake harder than HPS in all circumstances. Is that really the case?

Rotor wear aside, is there any reason to not use HP+ on the street? I'm looking for better initial bite and modulation and not necessarily for very high temperature performance. I also don't care all that much if that comes at the expense of higher rotor wear as long as it's not horrible.

View attachment 344511
Hp+ are like a city bus coming to a stop. Otherwise they’re great just noisy as hell.

Thank you!
For the purpose I described above, would you recommend HPS or a differnt pad?
Depends on your ability, and also tires. HPS I run on the street without any issues. I haven’t made it to a HPDE yet to see whether or not they’re enough. I also have/sell the MPP brake rotor upgrade so I may be able to bleed off enough heat where the rotors are 45mm bigger.