Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Package on Performance Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What could they do that would allow the extra 10MPH on the top end? Brakes? Like many I am having second thoughts about the 5K increase. I can buy nice Turbine Wheels from any of the vendors and get decent tires for ~2400-~2500 savings. What else is lurking in this package that really gives it value?

Larger brake rotors with red calipers (really beneficial only on the track), 20" wheels, much better rubber, carbon spoiler, aluminum pedals.

I ordered it mostly for the brakes. Will be selling the 20" wheels to hopefully break even on the aftermarket 19's I already have waiting.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Larger brake rotors with red calipers (really beneficial only on the track), 20" wheels, much better rubber, carbon spoiler, aluminum pedals.

I ordered it mostly for the brakes. Will be selling the 20" wheels to hopefully break even on the aftermarket 19's I already have waiting.

Where does it say the $5K brakes are actually physically larger and noy just the same brakes painted red?

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
What could they do that would allow the extra 10MPH on the top end?

RWD is 140 mph
AWD is 145 mph
Performance is 155 mph (likely software unlock)

It has nothing to do with the performance package on the performance model.
If they are tying the software unlock to the performance package then they are falsely advertising on the first config screen:
Tesla-Model-3-.png

Last edited:
The $5K upgrade clearly states “increase top speed from 145 to 155mph”

RWD is 140 mph
AWD is 145 mph
Performance is 155 mph (likely software unlock)

It has nothing to do with the performance package on the performance model.
If they are tying the software unlock to the performance package then they are falsely advertising on the first config screen:
Tesla-Model-3-.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Zoomit
Where does it say the $5K brakes are actually physically larger and noy just the same brakes painted red?
It says they are "improved" calipers. That generally means larger in some sense, although most importantly they should be able to apply more total force on the disks.

What isn't clear is whether they have the larger disks without the $5000?

“Improved” could also just mean red

Performance vehicle on first page clearly says 155 mph too.
It says they are "improved" calipers. That generally means larger in some sense, although most importantly they should be able to apply more total force on the disks.

What isn't clear is whether they have the larger disks without the $5000?

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire